2015-2016 application cycle

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I'm a first year student here at PCOM in Philadelphia. Good luck to those applying, if you have any questions about PCOM or applying to PA school in general, feel free to send me a message through here. Just to let you know, PCOM is very a impressive school and if you're looking at PCOM then you're definitely looking in the right place!

Just a rule of thumb, admissions will usually start to send out secondary application e-mails around august, and in that e-mail will be instructions on what happens next and how to submit your payment/essays/etc. For my personal timeline, I submitted my secondary application in late August, got an invitation to interview in early September and interviewed in late September. I received my admit letter in late October.

Good luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

I received my instructions and log in info on friday. I submitted my payment of $75 online yesterday. The instruction said to submit a letter of a DO/PA/MD if you had not done so already in CASPA to complete the application. Since I submitted everything to CASPA (transcript, 3 recommendation letters, supplemental application), is this everything for the secondary application? Anyone else in the same boat? Thanks!

I received my instructions and log in info on friday. I submitted my payment of $75 online yesterday. The instruction said to submit a letter of a DO/PA/MD if you had not done so already in CASPA to complete the application. Since I submitted everything to CASPA (transcript, 3 recommendation letters, supplemental application), is this everything for the secondary application? Anyone else in the same boat? Thanks!

I had the same thoughts about it. I think that is everything. I looked at past forums and their supplemental essay question was the same as the extra question in the CASPA app. So, I don't think they are doing anymore essays in the supplemental.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Kelsey lynn -

Not exactly. You'll receive a confirmation email from PCOM with the info to login and complete an application completely separate from CASPA. All it is is you confirming your contact info and you will have to pay an additional $75 to move on within their admissions process. You may not have gotten it yet if you applied later in the cycle. 

Kelsey lynn -

Not exactly. You'll receive a confirmation email from PCOM with the info to login and complete an application completely separate from CASPA. All it is is you confirming your contact info and you will have to pay an additional $75 to move on within their admissions process. You may not have gotten it yet if you applied later in the cycle. 

Thanks! I submitted and was verified for most of my program selections on 7/9, but I went back and added PCOM yesterday so I have yet to receive the email regarding the application fee and other info.

@radtech91, were there separate questions on the supplemental application that you had to answer besides the ones on CASPA. When I signed in from the link they sent in the email I was only asked to submit the 75$ fee but I could not find aother link to a page that had me answer more questions. Am I missing something?

@ccouture I don't believe so. All I saw was the section that asked you if this info (i.e. name, address, contact info) was correct and the payment section. If you already answered the supplemental question on CASPA and had your letters of rec submitted through CASPA then that was it. 

I submitted my fee around 7/24, right after they sent me a confirmation email. I kept checking on my application status and the fee status is updated to received. However, it looks like they're taking their time in updating the DO/MD/PA recommendation letter status because mine was submitted directly to CASPA, instead of separately to them. Has anyone status been completed for all the requirements?

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting for my letter to show complete as well. I submitted mine with CASPA, and it has been well over 15 business days. However, they say in their email to not contact them. Has anyone had success with their account updating at some point?

Mine took between 1-2 weeks I believe. As long as there is a date in the received column your application is complete. The status column will always be left blank! I would try contacting them anyway just to make sure they received your letters!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Archived