2015-2016 Applicants

Yup! You get there and have a chance at the beginning to talk with and meet all the other students interviewing that day. Then you go back and listen to a little presentation about the program. Then you either do your one on one or your group interview (they split it up). In the group interview you are given ethical scenarios to discuss. Then you have a tour with current students and then you come back and you have the Q and A session which is basically just for if anyone has anything else they want to ask about. Like I asked about their PANCE scores and why they decreased. Hope that helps!! Good luck :) It was a very laid back atmosphere, I loved it!

Thanks a lot.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup! You get there and have a chance at the beginning to talk with and meet all the other students interviewing that day. Then you go back and listen to a little presentation about the program. Then you either do your one on one or your group interview (they split it up). In the group interview you are given ethical scenarios to discuss. Then you have a tour with current students and then you come back and you have the Q and A session which is basically just for if anyone has anything else they want to ask about. Like I asked about their PANCE scores and why they decreased. Hope that helps!! Good luck :) It was a very laid back atmosphere, I loved it!

What was their answer as to why the scores decreased?

What was their answer as to why the scores decreased?

She just said that there was too many people wanting to take it early because of wanting to start jobs, being pregnant, getting married, etc. So people were scheduling like the week after graduation and not giving themselves time to study. But I'm pretty sure everyone passed the 2nd time if they had to retake it! I thought she said they have 100% pass rate, just have a few that don't pass the first time sometimes.

Hi guys,

I havent heard anything from them yet and I thought that I would have by now. Starting to get worried lol. For everyone who has had an interview, do you mind sharing your stats please?

At time of application:

GRE: 311

GPA: 3.86

Science GPA: 3.8

Health Care hours: ~600

Also had many other experiences on my application from a variety of things, so I think that helped. I feel like they look for people who didn't just focus on school, or focus on getting hours, but focus on being involved in a lot of different things instead. But I'm not positive, this is my first time applying! I got accepted elsewhere, so they must have liked something on my app. I feel like the only thing holding me back was having a small amount of health care hours compared to other people. Hope that helps you!

I was in the afternoon session of interviews yesterday, there were 9 of us and I have to say and I'm sure the other candidates would agree that it was one of the most relaxed, stress free interviews we've yet to experience. They started with a Intro by Dr. Hogue (who is AMAZING!, her personality put us all at ease she was joking and we were honestly having a great time listening to her background and work history - I want to attend just to be around her lol definitely inspiring person) and Financial Aid info session. Afterward half the room went into the individual one on one interviews and the other half of us stayed for the group interview with 2 faculty/staff members. Following those we chatted with 1st years and toured their awesome facility, which has one of the most impressive simulation buildings you will ever see and hopefully get to utilize. Overall, again this was the most comfortable interview experience yet. Dr. Hogue made sure to stress that she was thankful that we decided to come visit UT and made it apparent that they really appreciate all of their students. It just gave us all I'm sure a great feeling about the program. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! 

Also, Ronnie said they are interviewing through the end of March so we should hear about acceptance in April. They had about 1100 applicants to which they extended around 200 or so invites to interview and will select for 40 seats. I'M EXCITED!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived