2015-2016 Applicants

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still not sure what everyone is waiting for since it was known before applying that this school does not have rolling admissions and the deadline is Oct 1. I doubt we are going to receive emails saying our application is under review because they will not start reviewing them until after the Oct 1 deadline. They certainly won't send out interview invites until after that date. Their website states that interviews start in Dec, but most are Jan-Feb. I personally won't start checking my email for it until November!

Agh I follow too many boards. I meant to post that on a different one. Duh. But hey it's 10/1! Now everyone can feel free to really start stressing about things that are completely out of their control!

I've since decided to take the proverbial chill pill and let things fall where they may. I've done my best at this point and that is all I can ask of myself, until there is more to be done. I urge anyone else who is sweating it to adopt a similar mindset before you drive yourselves

C R A Z Y!

Good luck to all! :) 

Hello to everyone applying this year!  I just finished my first week in the UTPA program and remembered how I was feeling last year at this time (CASPA was due Sept 1st I believe).  I just want everyone logging into here to know that of the 6 schools I applied to last year, UT was (BY FAR) the school that communicated the best to all applicants.  Just to give everyone a quick timeline of last years events: I received a standard e-mail in mid-Sept that my CASPA and Supp App have been verified and received.  Jan 5th everyone got an e-mail saying they were starting to send out intverview invites beginning the following week.  Interviews went through March.  On April 17th, the e-mail was sent to everyone stating that their first 45 invitations were sent out (I wasn't one), everyone else who interviewed goes onto the waitlist.  On April 30th, I got my phone call!  Believe me, from right now, until you hear you got accepted (or declined) it will seem like the longest wait of your life.  

My advice at this point is to dot your i's, cross your t's and keep building your CV in case you need to apply again.  

Thanks for your information!!

If you don't mind me asking, what other 5 schools did you apply to that didn't communicate with you very well?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived