Northern Arizona University 2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm applying to NAU this year as well! My CASPA was verified 5/15 and I submitted my secondary on 5/18. Hoping to hear back soon! Where else are you applying?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm applying to only AZ schools, so Midwestern and AT Still ! From what I've read on here NAU doesn't send out interview invites til the very end of summer. What have you seen? AT still is supposed to get back to people much faster. Where else are you applying?

I'm applying to NAU this year as well! My CASPA was verified 5/15 and I submitted my secondary on 5/18. Hoping to hear back soon! Where else are you applying?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm applying to only AZ schools, so Midwestern and AT Still ! From what I've read on here NAU doesn't send out interview invites til the very end of summer. What have you seen? AT still is supposed to get back to people much faster. Where else are you applying?

Honestly I haven't really looked that much to see when they usually send invites out ???? I've also heard that ATSU is pretty quick about everything regarding admissions. I'm applying to NAU, ATSU, Midwestern, Touro (California and Nevada) and pacific university in Oregon ????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all! I'm applying this year also. I contacted the administration department today and she said that they will start the process at the beginning of Sep... not sure if that means when they'll start looking at applications or start calling for interviews... Either way Good luck everyone!

Saw this as I was scrolling through. Good luck to you all! I applied last semester and was offered a spot and decided to go to another school instead, but NAU was my #2 choice as I lived in Phoenix for the last decade or so. Previous comments are correct, and they begin to invite people for interviews at the end of summer. I was given an interview invite in October for mid-November.

Saw this as I was scrolling through. Good luck to you all! I applied last semester and was offered a spot and decided to go to another school instead, but NAU was my #2 choice as I lived in Phoenix for the last decade or so. Previous comments are correct, and they begin to invite people for interviews at the end of summer. I was given an interview invite in October for mid-November.

Congrats on getting accepted to your #1 and #2 choices! I hope I can say the same after this cycle! Can you give us any advice for the interview?

Congrats on getting accepted to your #1 and #2 choices! I hope I can say the same after this cycle! Can you give us any advice for the interview?

My main points of advice from my PA school interviews in general (not specifically NAU) are to:

• Know yourself and your ambitions and reasons for becoming a PA inside and out.
  • Present yourself as someone that you want on your healthcare team.
  • Be confident in your answers.
  • Jot a few notes down about stories and events that have occurred in your healthcare experience up to this moment just so you have them in your mind before you start interviewing. If you were asked questions about events that cause you to think about your own actions, you want to be prepared with a small anecdote.
  • Be genuine.
  • Take your time to think. Ask for a moment, but don't be wasteful with time.
  • A pause is more effective and less grating than filling the room with "um" and "like" and "uh".
  • Really think about why you want to be a part of whatever program you're interviewing. Know about the direction the school is taking. Research about the city/region/state you want to be in. Many programs want to train people who have some sort of attachment or lure to the area they're in to retain the providers they produce. If you're unhappy somewhere, you may have a higher chance of failure in the long run.

These are off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more. I obviously can't tell you about the specific questions asked. 

• 3 weeks later...

I submitted everything right before the beginning of May

Oh wow ok you were really on the ball :) I wasn't able to submit until the end of May. Hopefully I will hear something soon and we can interview together :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archived