AA/ UMB 2015 Applicants

I am currently attending this program, so thought I would just answer a few questions for you all. Yes there is just one interview day for the entire cycle. As far as the time for the interview I was finished by around 3, but it just depends on when your individual interview is for the day. And yes all but labs are at the Arundel Mills campus. Congrats on getting interviews!

I just read on the UMB website that this program is an online program. Is there any truth to this? It's misleading, since I'm also reading classes are held at Arundel Mills. Thank you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read on the UMB website that this program is an online program. Is there any truth to this? It's misleading, since I'm also reading classes are held at Arundel Mills. Thank you.

Hi Heather,

I don't attend the program, but it is my understanding that the courses that are through AACC (the PA Certificate ones) are held at Arundel Mills, while the MS Health Science courses through UMB are held online. I do think there are a few courses through AACC that also count toward the masters, but I think the vast majority of the Masters coursework is online. Does that sound right, students that currently attend?

I am interested in how the online classes are. Current students- Do you enjoy the online course format? What do you like/not like?

Yes, you are correct. The UMB classes are online, while the AACC classes are in person at Arundel Mills. For example I am now taking Clinical Medicine, Pharm, Patho, Psychiatry, and Peds all at Arundel Mills. I have a biostatistics class online - there are assigned readings, video lectures, homework, and a quiz each week. I really appreciate that they made the UMB classes online because it allows me to plan my week out more according to my schedule, allowing for flexibility in terms of when to study. I really have not seen any negative to have the UMB classes online, the professors are quick to respond to the students and eager to help in any way they can. 

Just to follow up... Ms. Frank emailed me back and thanked me for bringing it to her attention so I'm guessing it was an error. Make sure your RSVP for the interview gets to her. Same email that photos that were sent to.  Good luck everyone!

Interview invite! So excited!

NOTE: If you click on the link for Karen Frank's name in the email, it actually emails a different address. Not sure if that was intentional or not. I sent my confirmation to Ms. Frank's email that I used to send the digital photo. They might be using a different address to sort emails, but I wanted to be sure my confirmation was received. I emailed the program to inquire. I'll let y'all know what they say.

Just to follow up... Ms. Frank emailed me back and thanked me for bringing it to her attention so I'm guessing it was an error. Make sure your RSVP for the interview gets to her. Same email that photos that were sent to. Good luck everyone!

I responded to the original email and received a confirmation this am, so either it really wasn't a problem or she managed to look through the original email to respond to us. Thanks for checking this out.

Hi!

I'm a current student within the AACC program - if you have any general questions about the program, I don't mind answering! Good luck- just hang in there, things are chaotic at the program right now so that's probably why you're not hearing immediately back from them. The interview date has definitely been set in November, just like it was last year and then they were really good at getting back to us in the same month. Remember to always demonstrate your passion in pursuing a career as a PA as well as your personality (aka the overused adage "be yourself"), they already have your GPA/experience/SAT scores!

Good luck!

During your interview, how many people interviews you? Was it intimidating? Which questions dogs you feel unprepared for or stumped by?

Hey everyone,

I got an invite for the 13th and I sent an attendance confirmation email to Ms. Frank twice, but I never heard back or got the letter in the mail that they said we should receive. Just wondering, did anyone get an email or letter after confirming their attendance?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I did get an email confirmation back from the do not reply Anne Arundel address, not Ms. Franks personal address. It took a couple days, but I would check junk mail just to be sure. If not maybe you sent to that other address that was linked to her name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did get an email confirmation back from the do not reply Anne Arundel address, not Ms. Franks personal address. It took a couple days, but I would check junk mail just to be sure. If not maybe you sent to that other address that was linked to her name?

Thank you! I sent it to the do not reply, Ms. Frank's email (from the interview invite email), and then I sent another one as a reply to the email I sent her in July about the headshot photo (I cc'ed Tammie Neal too)... No spam mail yet either. I'll be keeping an eye out though.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

No problem, I haven't gotten anything in mail (I've been anxiously checking), but regardless just thankful to be offered an interview. I hope you get it squared away.

Also, if anyone attending Nov 13, would like to meet up the night before or something, it would be nice to know some faces at the interview. I live fairly local, but am staying in a hotel near by just to avoid any crazy AM traffic issues and be definitely ready to go for the interview!

I received a confirmation email 4-5 days after emailing Ms. Frank's regular email. Other applicants stated they used the link in the email and also received a response so I think either email is fine. I have also been checking my regular snail mail, but haven't received anything yet. I figure they are busy working out the logistics of separating us into groups for sessions on interview day and stuff like that so I don't expect the receive an actual letter until November. If I don't receive anything by say November 5 I will probably call them. 

Has anyone received an actual paper letter in the mail yet?

Finally got an email back confirming my RSVP for the interview. (I called yesterday just incase they didn't get my two emails because I hadn't heard back after 2 weeks.)

Anyone know how many people they interview compared to the 30 or 40 that get accepted?

I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet either- I am not too worried about it. I kind of expect them to send that information via email as well.  I haven't found this process to be all that "disorganized" though- I haven't heard that the program is disorganized either. I think maybe we're all just a little nervous??

Just got the letter in the mail. I've read from years past you can either bring lunch, or we will be right by the mall and you could walk over and choose from many options there.

Otherwise, the letter didn't give much other info besides what room to report to and driving directions.

TeacherPA-I as well haven't found the process to be unorganized, nor have heard that of the program. Definitely anxious, though.

See you all there and good luck!

They give you a breakfast and for lunch, they give you about 1.5 hours to go get lunch. The interviewing location is right next to a mall as well as plenty of fast food places, so you won't have to go far to go to eat. There is also a cafe (small) that has a microwave if you want to warm up food. 

Archived