AA/ UMB 2015 Applicants

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interview invite! So excited!

NOTE: If you click on the link for Karen Frank's name in the email, it actually emails a different address. Not sure if that was intentional or not. I sent my confirmation to Ms. Frank's email that I used to send the digital photo. They might be using a different address to sort emails, but I wanted to be sure my confirmation was received. I emailed the program to inquire. I'll let y'all know what they say.

I am currently attending this program, so thought I would just answer a few questions for you all. Yes there is just one interview day for the entire cycle. As far as the time for the interview I was finished by around 3, but it just depends on when your individual interview is for the day. And yes all but labs are at the Arundel Mills campus. Congrats on getting interviews!

Hi!

I'm a current student within the AACC program - if you have any general questions about the program, I don't mind answering! Good luck- just hang in there, things are chaotic at the program right now so that's probably why you're not hearing immediately back from them. The interview date has definitely been set in November, just like it was last year and then they were really good at getting back to us in the same month. Remember to always demonstrate your passion in pursuing a career as a PA as well as your personality (aka the overused adage "be yourself"), they already have your GPA/experience/SAT scores!

Good luck!

Did they ask a lot about school or PA profession history? Any trick questions? I bought a PA interview book to study.. Wondering what is really important to focus practicing on. If I do not get accepted I am unable to re-apply, so I'm staying that I've put all of my eggs in one basket. Any advice? Being myself is a piece of cake, so I'm looking for more thorough advice. Thanks!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

According to last year's forum the first invites went out around 3pm on October 15 by email. One person mentioned it was in his/her junk mail box so keep an eye out for it. Either way, those that are invited should be hearing from them soon!

I received email yesterday did my interview invitation. It's scheduled for 11/13, the whole day. Praying I'm accepted!

Good luck to you guys, I'm out. Apparently I didn't check their pre req policy closely enough. Blah

Don't give up!! Last year I had to take Microbiology and retake A&P I because my credits are too old.. I reapplied and I've been selected to interview. If you want to become a PA you must keep going. I see 3 PAs at my doctor's office.. All 3 applied multiple times to get into a program and claim is worth it.

Interview invite! So excited!

NOTE: If you click on the link for Karen Frank's name in the email, it actually emails a different address. Not sure if that was intentional or not. I sent my confirmation to Ms. Frank's email that I used to send the digital photo. They might be using a different address to sort emails, but I wanted to be sure my confirmation was received. I emailed the program to inquire. I'll let y'all know what they say.

Yes, please do! I did not notice that..

Doesn't anyone else think it's odd the I review is from 7:30-5? Doesnt that seem like a very long day?

When I went to Johns Hopkins it was the same format. You aren't really there the whole day.. We were seen in groups and then final interview via panel, individually. They just want to be sure you've set aside the day.

I am currently attending this program, so thought I would just answer a few questions for you all. Yes there is just one interview day for the entire cycle. As far as the time for the interview I was finished by around 3, but it just depends on when your individual interview is for the day. And yes all but labs are at the Arundel Mills campus. Congrats on getting interviews!

That's awesome.. Closer to home than AACC for me. Thanks for the clarity!

2 cycles applying to CCBC/towson and AACC with no interview. 3.16 cum GPA, 3.18 science GPA which i know isn't competitive but it does meet the requirements. I have retaken pre reqs and got A's. over 5k hours of experience as a cardiac sonographer. I can't even land an interview and I'm shocked. I'm retaking the GRE's (for the 3rd time) as well as A/P1 (for the 3rd time bc it's now expired). 

2 cycles applying to CCBC/towson and AACC with no interview. 3.16 cum GPA, 3.18 science GPA which i know isn't competitive but it does meet the requirements. I have retaken pre reqs and got A's. over 5k hours of experience as a cardiac sonographer. I can't even land an interview and I'm shocked. I'm retaking the GRE's (for the 3rd time) as well as A/P1 (for the 3rd time bc it's now expired). 

Audidane, did you call either program and ask what specifically in your application they found weak? Maybe it was not your GPA or GRE, like you suspect. If you called, they might be able to tell you what you could do to improve your application for next cycle. That way, they know that you are very interested AND can see your dedication when you follow through... 

Good Luck! I hope you get an interview/acceptance at another program, if not AACC/UMB or CCBC Essex/Towson!

I think you get a request for a secondary ap as soon as they review your CASPA ap and see you meet the minimum requirements. Then after the secondary ap you can be offered an interview. That's what happened to me. Yippee! Now I'm wondering what the interview process will be on 10/13. Anyone know if it's all day with everyone else, or alone within a window of the 7:30-5p day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived