AA/ UMB 2015 Applicants

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When applying online, has anyone else had trouble adding multiple colleges? When I try to add a second one, the first one goes away. I'm not sure if it is saved and just not showing...but I would think I should still be able to see it somewhere.

Are you referring to the supplemental application?  If so I found it to be a little odd to work with.  I think it took me two times to get it right.  You can always print it and fill it out by hand.

When I called to find out about the supplemental application, I was told that they are still ranking applicants and everyone will get the supplemental application based on that ranking in October/November. At first, I thought she was talking about interviews, but I confirmed it again and she said supplementals will be sent out around that time. However, people here already have turned in their supplemental applications. Now, I am even more confused.

When I called to find out about the supplemental application, I was told that they are still ranking applicants and everyone will get the supplemental application based on that ranking in October/November. At first, I thought she was talking about interviews, but I confirmed it again and she said supplementals will be sent out around that time. However, people here already have turned in their supplemental applications. Now, I am even more confused.

Got an email today saying that my application was being reviewed, and that I'd get an update on my application status by October 2nd. No mention of the supplemental yet. I'd guess they had a cutoff during the summer where they had been getting the supplementals done as they came in, but hit a point where they decided to group everything thereafter together for processing? Though, when I went to an information session two years ago, they'd told me they didn't do any ranking until their CASPA deadline. Guess we'll see how it all shakes out.

Hi!

I'm a current student within the AACC program - if you have any general questions about the program, I don't mind answering! Good luck- just hang in there, things are chaotic at the program right now so that's probably why you're not hearing immediately back from them. The interview date has definitely been set in November, just like it was last year and then they were really good at getting back to us in the same month. Remember to always demonstrate your passion in pursuing a career as a PA as well as your personality (aka the overused adage "be yourself"), they already have your GPA/experience/SAT scores!

Good luck!

Hi!

I'm a current student within the AACC program - if you have any general questions about the program, I don't mind answering! Good luck- just hang in there, things are chaotic at the program right now so that's probably why you're not hearing immediately back from them. The interview date has definitely been set in November, just like it was last year and then they were really good at getting back to us in the same month. Remember to always demonstrate your passion in pursuing a career as a PA as well as your personality (aka the overused adage "be yourself"), they already have your GPA/experience/SAT scores!

Good luck!

How has the online part of the program been working for you?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

How has the online part of the program been working for you?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It is actually pretty manageable, over the summer you start off with 2 classes and then it tapers out according to the class load. It will pick up again as the only formal classes during rotations. The professors are very responsive since they know we aren't on campus - so if there are ever issues/questions, they get back to you immediately. The main campus, AACC always allots time during the week that can be used for completing online work as well. For example, over the summer we usually got a day off of the week meant to be for the online classes. As for the content, it expands outside of the medical aspect to round out learning about research, ethics, stats, etc. Hopefully that answered your question!

I just got the email to submit my supplemental application yesterday, but I am confused about the other admission application (Part IV on supplemental). I visited the website to finish the college admission application, but it didn't ask me for the curriculum code for the PA program. It just asked me the program for which I am applying. However, on the supplemental application it says there is a curriculum code I must enter. Can anybody help me?

Dont worry about it, and ignore that part. I had the same confusion but just did the online application as well as sending in the supplemental and I diddn't have a problem. Got an email last week saying they recieved my supplemental even though I sent it about 2 weeks prior ( I live an hour away too), so don't stress out about that timeline either.

Dont worry about it, and ignore that part. I had the same confusion but just did the online application as well as sending in the supplemental and I diddn't have a problem. Got an email last week saying they recieved my supplemental even though I sent it about 2 weeks prior ( I live an hour away too), so don't stress out about that timeline either.

Thanks for that clarification!

Just got this e-mail:

This e-mail is being sent to you because you have been asked to submit a supplemental application for the Anne Arundel Community College/University of Maryland Baltimore Collaborative Physician Assistant Program.

We have NOT selected applicants for interviews as of yet, however, we wanted to send a “Save the Date” to applicants indicating when our interview date will be held. We know that some applicants are out of state, therefore we want to give you time to make travel plans in the event that you are chosen for an interview. IF chosen for an interview, The AACC/UMB PA Admissions Committee will be holding interviews for the class beginning May, 2016 all day on Friday, November 13, 2015.

Applicants who are chosen for an interview will receive an email with specific instructions and information regarding the interview process by October 16, 2015.

So they are sending the supplemental out selectively then like Stonybrook does?  I received this email, don't remember submitting a supplemental for them before.

"

This e-mail is being sent to you to let you know that your application is in the final review process.  We appreciate your patience and expect to complete this process by Wednesday, October 7, 2015.  You will receive an updated status application e-mail by that time.

Sincerely,

"

Disciple3,

I'm not sure if AACC screens for supplemental or not. On Sept 11, I received an email that said this:

"You will be receiving an e-mail with application status information no later than October 2, 2015.  We perform a thorough examination of each application and appreciate your patience as we work through this process.

If you have not received an e-mail by midnight, October 2, 2015, please contact our office as soon as possible."

I received en email with the supplemental app on Sept 28 and mailed it the next day. I received the save the date (but we haven't actually decided to interview you) email on October 2. I didn't have to provide any significant new information in the supplemental. No essays or anything. Just questions about possible criminal record, academic discipline/probation, etc. 

Archived