CNA/EKG/phlebotomy courses

Do I need to submit grades for these courses?

The reason I ask is because they didn't follow a semester period, but a couple of weeks with extended hours. For instance, 3-4 weeks for 16 hrs a week.  

The school I went to also don't have the traditional transcripts with the college seal and the special paper. They are printed in regular white paper with a signature of the director of the college. 

Any advice here?

Lehman College, School of Continuing and Professional Studies. 

Do you think I need to add the second part when completing my CASPA because I only put "Lehman College." 

Also, any comment on the transcript?

Thank you, I really appreciate your help. 

Lehman College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, so you need to report your grades.  If you don't and CASPA discovers it, they will reject your application until you do.  If individual programs find out you didn't report them, they may think you are trying to skirt the system, whether you are or not, and not look kindly on you.

You went through a certificate program, which is why your individual paperwork may look different.  However, Lehman College has official transcripts that can be ordered and sent to CASPA through their Registrars office.  I'm sure that those sent by the school will be official enough for CASPA.

Many Colleges have different Schools. I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Just Lehman College should be fine.

Best of luck to you.

• Administrator

Eh, I'm not so certain that's the correct answer.  Many colleges (e.g., Land grant) are also listed as the sponsoring organization on non-credit courses, so I don't think it's the accreditation status of the college that matters, so much as whether it was offered for college credit.  If it's a non-credit course, even from an accredited institution, it need not be entered, since no grade will have been entered.

• Administrator

When in doubt, call the school and ask if the courses were taken for any college credit.  If not, no problem, if so, you need a transcript.  Call CASPA to confirm that if you would like, but based on what you're telling me the school is saying about these courses, it doesn't sound like you need to list them as college courses.

• 2 months later...

How did you end up entering the course? I'm having the same problems and CASPA hasn't been helpful answering them. They copied and pasted the FAQs which says technical schools are required to be entered. My school says I did 30 credits, but it was just a 6 week phlebotomy class for 6 hours a week. The work load doesn't compare to any of my other classwork so I feel weird entering it next to them. Here's a link to the school: http://franklincareer.edu/

Lehman College, School of Continuing and Professional Studies. 

Do you think I need to add the second part when completing my CASPA because I only put "Lehman College." 

Also, any comment on the transcript?

Thank you, I really appreciate your help. 

because its say "Continuing and Professional Studies", for me it yields continued education credits which has nothing to do with regular credit system.

You can list those in the part where you talk about you accomplishments.

I agree with Rev. Accrediation has nothing to do with it. You are required to report all schools, regional accrediaton or not.

Things may have changed with the new app, but I completed a year long "school" that had courses and grades allowing me to sit for a national certifying exam and never mentioned the school or courses in my app. I didn't take them for college credit - so I would say that's really what needs to be evaluated here. Was it for credit towards a degree (A.A, B.S, etc)? If yes, it needs to be included. If it was simply a course or courses to allow you to obtain a certification, just make sure you enter your cert info in the appropriate place.

Especially because the courses needed for my cert weren't part of any pre-reqs, I didn't think it necessary (it honestly never crossed my mind) to list every course and grade from the program when the only part that mattered was my national certification.

Archived