PA Applicant Stats Page

Guest UMDeeMan

Undergrad Ed School: Truman State University
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.47
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.26

Age at application time : 26

1st GRE: Verbal 157, Quant 155, Writing 5.0

Direct Patient Care : Peace Corps (3 years) including 1 year with Population Services International (PSI) more than 5,000 hours, CNA (VA hospital) 1200 hours, MA (Salvation Army Clinic) 200 hours, National Kidney Foundation 20 hours

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Summer Undergraduate Research Program- UNMC, lots of undergraduate volunteer hours and committees

Schools Applied: 12 schools (GWU, Yale, Boston, SLU, Northwestern, Rosalind Franklin, Rush, Midwestern, DMU, Missouri State, Drexel, UNMC)

Application Submitted Date: end of May

Schools Received Application Date: mid- June

Interview Invites (10): George Washington University, Yale University, Boston University, St. Louis University, Drexel, Rosalind Franklin, Rush University, Midwestern University, Des Moines University, Missouri State

Denied (2): Northwestern, UNMC (witlisted for interview but still haven't heard back)

Withdrew Application: Boston University, Rush University, Missouri State, Midwestern

Accepted (every place I interviewed): George Washington University (PA/MPH), Yale University (PA/MPH), Drexel University, St. Louis University, Rosalind Franklin University, Des Moines University

Final Decision: Yale University (PA/MPH)

Attempt: 1st attempt

I decided while in the Peace Corps that I wanted a dual degree in PA/MPH. Once I got back I set about tackling my goal. I was worried that my lower science GPA and less than 1 year of direct patient care would be a major inhibitor. To combat this, I really focused on improving my application in other areas. I had a lot of shadowing hours and a PA mentor, which really helped to broaden my knowledge of the profession. I also put a lot of time into my personal statements and made sure they were flawless and interesting before I submitted them. Do everything you can to stand out! Remember that committees read applications and essays ALL DAY LONG. When something comes along that's different, it jumps out at them. Set yourself apart and don't worry too much about the numbers (gpa, gre, hours). 

I would also recommend that when attending interviews, have answers to some of the standard questions pre-prepared so you aren't so nervous. Be laid back, personable, and SMILE. They don't want people that choke under the pressure as it could be an indicator of how you might react under the pressure of being a PA!

• Upvote 3

Undergrad Ed School: Williams College (Williamstown, MA)
Cumulative Undergraduate GPA: 3.45 (studio art major)
Science Undergraduate GPA: 3.0 (3 science courses for non-science majors)
Post-Bac Prerequisites GPA: 3.9, completed at community college
Graduate GPA: 3.7 (MS in Information Studies, graduate certificate in Preservation Administration, UT Austin)

Age at application time: 31
1st GRE: 168 V (98%), 154 Q (49%), 4.0 Writing (54%) <---still bitter about this writing score; wtf ETS. :P

Direct Patient Care: (type & hours): Hospital volunteering (50 hours)

Health Care Shadowing:
PA-C, Peds Critical Care, 50 hours

PA-C, Peds Orthopedics, 10 hours

Schools Applied: Baylor, UTMB

Application Submitted Date: CASPA submitted mid-August

Interview Invites:  Baylor

Denied: still haven't heard a peep from UTMB, assuming it's a no at this point (1/2014)

Withdrew Application: N/A

Waitlisted: N/A

Accepted: Baylor

Attempt: 1st

My whole situation feels really lucky- I have a family and was unable to relocate for school, so I was "stuck" with the two semi-local options, although both would have been top choices anyway. I fully expected my lack of HCE to hold me back but I figured I'd give it a shot this year anyway and then cross that bridge when I came to it. They seemed to weigh overall life experience pretty heavily in the interview and were excited by my academic background. My advice to nontrad applicants in particular is to really nail the essays and be able to articulate why PA and how your life experience will make you a caring, compassionate, skilled provider. Also, choose your LOR writers wisely. And don't lose hope! I agree with the previous poster- you are different and interesting and will jump out at them in the sea of 21-year-old bio majors. Find schools that are a good match for you, rock the interviews, and you will be fine.

• Upvote 2

Undergrad Ed School:  Duke University

Undergrad Major:  Biomedical Engineering
Cumulative Undergrad GPA:  3.21
Science Undergrad GPA:  3.08

Post-bacc GPA:  3.93
Graduate Ed School: (if applicable)  N/A
Cumulative Graduate GPA: (if applicable)  N/A
Science Graduate GPA: (if applicable)  N/A

Age at application time :  24

GRE:  163V 159Q  4.5A

Direct Patient Care: Patient Care Assistant (oncology/BMT unit) >2600 hours

Other Activities: clinical research assistant in hospital ED, research assistant in lab, intern at medical device startup, intern at pharmaceutical company, ~500 hours of community service including a medical mission trip to Uganda

Shadowing: ~45 hours 2 pediatric PAs

~120 hours EP PA and MD

~60 hours kidney and heart transplant clinics

2 days in cath lab

Schools Applied:  UTSW, UNTHSC, UTMB, Baylor, Duke, GW, Northwestern, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Cornell, Yale, Northeastern, Wake Forest, Methodist, Elon, Emory, MUSC

Application Submitted Date:  6/19/13, verified 7/1/13

Schools Received Application Date: mailed 7/5/13, supplements received on various dates

Interview Invites:  GW, Northwestern, Methodist, UTSW, Duke, Yale, Cornell, Baylor, Northeastern (declined invite), Elon (declined invite)

Denied:  Emory

Withdrew Application:  UNTHSC, UTMB, Rush, Rosalind Franklin, Wake Forest, MUSC, Northwestern (after interview)

Waitlisted:  Baylor

Accepted:  Methodist, UTSW, Duke, Cornell, GW

Attending:  Duke!!

Attempt:  first

Really wasn’t sure about my chances with my undergrad and science GPAs, but I made sure that was the only weak part of my application.  Not even sure how many hours I ended up putting into my personal statement, but I’m sure that effort, along with solid HCE, GRE scores, LORs, and post bacc grades, helped the whole application process turn out better than I could have hoped for!

Undergrad Ed School:  The College of Idaho

Undergrad Major:  Health Sciences with a Human Biology focus and History

Cumulative Undergrad GPA:  3.7
Science Undergrad GPA:  3.68

GRE:  154V 150Q  4.0A

Direct Patient Care: Wound Clinic nurse assitant ~ 1000hrs

Other Activities: TA for Microbiology, T-ball coach, reading tutor, medical volunteer at a federally funded clinic, winery's assistant

Shadowing: 500 hours at the VA, rural clinic, urgent care, wound clinic and ENT specialty. 

Schools Applied: UNTHSC, Lpck Haven, Idaho State, Arcadia

Application Submitted Date:  09/20/13

Interview Invites:  Lock Haven

Denied:  I haven't received denial letters yet

Withdrew Application:  UNTHSC, Idaho State

Waitlisted:  none

Accepted:  Lock Haven

Attending:  Lock Haven

LORs probably helped me the most in this case. Also, the committee members at LH mentioned my undergraduate coursework was impressive. So my suggestion is take as many medical related science courses, a job at a hospital and network once you are there. I got most of my letters from PAs at my job.

Undergrad Ed School: Indiana University 
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.74
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.83

Age at application time : 21

1st GRE: 310, 3.5 W

Direct Patient Care : EMT-B ~800 hours

Extracurricular/Research Activities: ~75 hours volunteering at the Volunteers in Medicine Clinic

Schools Applied: Indiana University, Midwestern University, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Desales, Chatham, Marietta, South College

Application Submitted Date: 09/29/2013

Interview Invites: IU, Midwestern, Chatham, Marietta, and South (haven't heard from EVMS yet)

Denied: Desales

Withdrew Application: Chatham, Marietta, South

Waitlisted: Midwestern

Accepted: IU
Attending: IU!!

•  

• Upvote 4

Undergrad Ed School: University of Nebraska - Omaha
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.63
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.48

Age at application time : 30

1st GRE: Q- 147 V 152 W - 4

Direct Patient Care : EMT-B 1600 hours

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 200 hours of research in a molecular biology lab, many volunteer activities through church including worship band for 3+ years, lead a group of students in preparing them for a global journey and out reach activities. Tutored in my Universities science center ~75 hours. 

Schools Applied: Yale, University of Nebraska, University of Iowa, Union College, Midwestern University (Glendale), South Dakota, Wisconsin
Application Submitted Date: Late August, the 28th I believe. 

Interview Invites: Nebraska, Iowa, Union

Denied: Midwestern, Yale, South Dakota

Withdrew Application: Wisconsin, Union

Waitlisted: None

Accepted: Iowa, Nebraska
Attending: Nebraska!

tandard Format:

Undergrad Ed School: College of the Redwoods/Other community colleges
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: Ummm 3.7 ish?
Science Undergrad. GPA:   3.9er
Graduate Ed School: (if applicable )  Nope

Age at application time : 28

1st GRE:    No GRE

Direct Patient Care : (type & hours)   Senior Paramedic/fto 23,000 or so hours... 

Uregnt Care Tech     4000 hours

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Volunteer Urgent care tech at St Timothys free clinic, Established a community assistance Paramedic program in the community.

Schools Applied: Medex x 2

Application Submitted Date: Get that thing in early son, like May.

Interview Invites: Medex x 2

Denied:  Medex (last year)

Accepted:  MEDEX! (This year)

• Upvote 3

Undergrad Ed School: Michigan State University
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.34
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.15 
Grad GPA: 4.0

Age at application time : 24

1st GRE: 1080 (the old version) Writing 5.5

Direct Patient Care : Resident caregiver - 2500, Medical Assistant 1700 

Extracurricular/Research Activities: ~300 hours of shadowing in ER, ICU, Internal medicine, Pre-PA club, Phlebotomy certification, EMT-B certification, 100 hours volunteering in ER

Schools Applied: Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Le Moyne, Hofstra, Stony Brook, Pace, Concordia, Quinnipiac, Detroit Mercy

Application Submitted Date: 07/03/2013

Interview Invites: Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Le Moyne,  Stony Brook, Concordia, Quinnipiac

Denied: Pace, Hofstra

Withdrew Application: All but Western and Quinnipiac

Waitlisted: 0

Accepted: Western, Quinnipiac
Attending: Western

3rd time applicant- Don't give up!!!
  • Upvote 2

Undergrad Ed School: Northwest University (WA)
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.11
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.96

Age at application time : 26

1st GRE: Q- 150 V 152 W – 4.5

Direct Patient Care : Corpsman – 12,800 (Anesthesia Tech, General Duty Corpsman on a Carrier) Lab Assistant - 500

Extracurricular/Research Activities: 1,300 hours – College Pastor / 300 hours – Military Associations / 150 hours – Operation Smile

Schools Applied: MEXEX, George Washington University, Pacific, Trevecca, Franklin Pierce, Barry, St Francis. 

Interview Invites: MEDEX, George Washington, St Francis (did not attend this one)

Denied: Trevecca, Barry, Franklin Pierce, Pacific (My chem wasn’t ‘high’ enough)

Withdrew Application: none

Waitlisted: none

Accepted: MEDEX, GWU

Attending: MEDEX, Seattle Class 48 baby!!!

I’m posting this to give hope to those who have a low GPA – it is possible!! 12 months before I submitted my application my cGPA was 2.7!!! 46 credits of science later I was able to get my GPA up – don’t give up, keep the press on!!!

• Upvote 6

1st time applicant

Undergrad: Brigham Young University (No, I'm not Mormon... Just kidding)

Pre reqs (done later): Utah Valley University

Overall GPA: 3.75

Science GPA: 3.75

Age at application: 28

GRE: V-161 Q-155 AW-3.5 (me can write good)

Direct patient care: 700 hrs CNA, 1300 hrs radiology tech assistant (650 hrs on CASPA app)

Extracurricular: Scoutmaster, church youth leader, youth sports coach, missionary, etc.

Schools applied: Baylor, UT Southwestern, Wichita State, Drexel, DeSales, Salus, Toledo (withdrew later), Northern Arizona, SUNY Upstate

Interview invites: Baylor, UT Southwestern, Wichita State, Drexel, DeSales, Salus

Interviews attended: Baylor, UT Southwestern, Wichita State, Drexel

Completely shunned by: Northern Arizona, SUNY Upstate

Wait listed: Baylor (declined my spot on the list)

Accepted: Drexel, Wichita State

Attending: Wichita State - Go Shockers

Undergrad Ed School: University of California, San Diego 
Cumulative GPA: 3.33
Science GPA: 3.06

Age at application time : 25

1st GRE: V - 161, Q - 156, W - 4.0

Direct Patient Care : ER Tech - 2600+ hours

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Certs include EMT and CNA, ER volunteer, founding board member of pre-PA student org. @ UCSD, SD Food Bank, Sidewalk CPR, homeless ministry, children's ministry/tutoring underserved kids w/ church, LEAN Team (ER committee looking to streamline processes/getting rid of wastes in the dept.), ER mentoring program,  shadowed PAs in ortho and ER

Schools Applied: Touro - CA, Samuel Merritt, Western, UC Davis, UNTHSC, UTMB, Rosalind Franklin, Stony Brook, USA, Emory, Arcadia

Application Submitted Date: 08/23/2013

Interview Invites: Touro - CA, USA

Denied: Davis, Arcadia, Emory, Stony Brook, UNTHSC

Withdrew Application:

Waitlisted: Touro - CA

Accepted: USA
Attending: USA
-----------------
As a first time applicant and with my GPA, I was not expecting to get interviews let alone an acceptance. Had a 2.9 cGPA and 2.4 sGPA at one point. As others have before me and I will say it again... IT CAN BE DONE. Feel free to send me a PM if you have questions.
  • Upvote 4

I'm an odd applicant, so I hope this helps someone! I did not have many core science classes at the time of application and was missing a number of pre-req grades. I also didn't have much direct patient care experience. My biggest tips are to submit early and prepare for your interview!

Undergrad Ed School: Purdue University, Biomedical Engineering
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.3
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.4

Age at application time : 22

1st GRE: V - 159, Q - 162, W - 5.0

Direct Patient Care : (type & hours) Medical Assistant - 405, Hospital volunteer - 25

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Not much...random volunteer days. Some international mission trips.

Schools Applied: Midwestern (AZ & IL), U of Wis, Mayo, USA, Yale, AT Still, UNT, Idaho State, Harding, University of St. Francis (IN), Augsburg, MCPHS - Boston

Application Submitted Date: 1st week in May 2013

Schools Received Application Date: (approximate date) End of May

Interview Invites: 6 - Harding, UNT, Midwestern (AZ), AT Still, Idaho State (didn't attend), and USA (didn't attend)

Denied: Yale, Mayo, U of Wis, Augsburg

MIA:  Midwestern (IL), University of St. Francis (IN)

Withdrew Application:  USA, Idaho State

Waitlisted: Harding, AT Still, MCPHS (waitlisted to be invited to interview)

Accepted: UNT, Midwestern (AZ)

Attending: Midwestern (AZ)!

• Upvote 1

Undergrad Ed School: Central Michigan University, B.A. journalism
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.14
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.53
Non-Science Undergrad GPA: 2.84
Post-Baccalaureate/Pre-Req GPA: 3.96

Age at application time: 38
1st GRE: 301 / 5.0 writing

Direct Patient Care : (type & hours)
Nursing home 6 months:
600+ hours
CNA, acute rehab/spinal injury: 3,400 hours

Extracurricular/Research Activities:
Receptionist volunteer,
nonprofit medical clinic for poor/uninsured - 235 hours
Shadow experience: About 70 hours in 4 specialties

Application Submitted Date: CASPA submitted July 7th; schools received about 10 days later

Schools Applied: Eastern Michigan, Wayne State, Toledo.

Interview Invites: Eastern Michigan, Wayne State, Toledo (declined interview offer).

Denied: None

Withdrew Application: Toledo

Accepted: Wayne State (1st choice - attending), Eastern Michigan.

Attempts: first

• Upvote 1

Hey all! My name's Anthony and I'm a first-year PA student at Touro University of Nevada, about to finish my second term. I keep a blog in which I write every 1-2 weeks all about what I've been doing inside and outside of PA school. Maybe it will help give some people some insight as to what to expect? Anyway, here's the link in case you want to check it out! Best of luck to everyone!

http://reviewofsystems.wordpress.com

• 2 weeks later...

Undergrad Ed School: The College of New Jersey
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.30
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.2

Age at application time : 22

1st GRE: no

Direct Patient Care : Phlebotomy/ Lab Tech 1200 hours

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Shadowed MD 300 hours, PA Shadow in orthopedics 35 Hours, 100 Hours of Community Service in the Trenton Area

Schools Applied: Rutgers University, Drexel University, PCOM, Pace, University of Sciences, Arcadia, Touro College- Manhattan Campus, NYIT, Philadelphia University

Application Submitted Date: August 2013

Schools Received Application Date: September 2013

Interview Invites: Touro College

Denied: Philadelphia University, Rutgers, PACE, Arcadia, NYIT, University of the Sciences

Withdrew Application: 0

Waitlisted: 0

Accepted: pending

Attempt: 2nd

Undergrad Ed School:  University of Wisconsin - La Crosse

Undergrad Major:  Biology/Chemistry
Cumulative Undergrad GPA:  3.49
Science Undergrad GPA:  3.32

Post-bacc GPA: 4.0
Graduate Ed School: (if applicable)  N/A
Cumulative Graduate GPA: (if applicable)  N/A
Science Graduate GPA: (if applicable)  N/A

Age at application time :  23

GRE:  157V 156Q  3.5A

Direct Patient Care: EMT-B 915 hours, Paramedic Student 250 hours

Other Activities: various volunteer activities, service trip to Honduras, paramedic tutor, President of EMS club 

Shadowing: 24 hours in ER and General Surgery

Schools Applied:  UW-Madison, Marquette, University of OK - Tulsa, Arcadia, University of Nebraska, Des Moines University

Application Submitted Date:  8/29/13

Schools Received Application Date: mailed 9/06/13, supplements received on various dates

Interview Invites:  Des Moines University

Denied:  UW-Madison, Marquette, University of OK - Tulsa, Arcadia, University of Nebraska

Withdrew Application: 

Waitlisted: 

Accepted:  Des Moines University

Attending:  Des Moines University

Undergrad Ed School: Boston University
Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.67 (CASPA)
Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.81  (CASPA)
Graduate Ed School: N/A

Age at application time: 22

1st GRE: 162/89% (verbal), 156/68% (math), 4.5/73% (written)

Direct Patient Care: 500 hours EMT-B, 100 hours phlebotomy intern, 500 hours personal care attendant

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Global Medical Brigades trip to Honduras, high school sexual education workshop leader

Shadowing: 50+ hours PCP, ~20 hours PA

Schools Applied: UNE, Pace, Rutgers, Arcadia, NYIT, Marquette, Chatham, Samuel Merritt, Northwestern, Rosalind Franklin, Duke, GW, Yale, Midwestern (IL), Iowa, Cornell

Application Submitted Date: 7/29/2013

Schools Received Application Date (approximate date): 8/2/2013

Interview Invites: UNE, Pace, Rutgers, Arcadia, NYIT, Marquette, Chatham, Midwestern

Denied: Northwestern, Rosalind Franklin, Duke, GW, Yale, Iowa, Cornell

Withdrew Application: NYIT, Marquette, Chatham

Waitlisted: Pace, Rutgers, UNE

Accepted:  Arcadia, Midwestern

Attending: Arcadia (DE campus)!

Attempt: First

Undergrad Ed School: Rutgers University, BA in Psychology
Cumulative Undergraduate GPA: 2.84 
Science Undergraduate GPA: 2.10
Post Bachelor GPA: 4.0 (29 credits, will be 33 next week)
Cumulative GPA: 3.07
Cumulative Science GPA: 3.51

Age at application time: 26
1st GRE: 153 V / 151 Q / 3.0 Writing

Direct Patient Care: (type & hours): 2350 hours
ER Tech: 1900 hours
EMT-B (Volunteer): 450 hours

Schools Applied (perhaps too many...): 
Midwestern University - Glendale 
Samuel Merritt University 
George Washington University 
Arcadia University - Delaware Campus
Barry University - Miami Shores Campus
Keiser University FL 
South University - Georgia 
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science 
Northwestern University 
Louisana State University - Shreveport 
Louisiana State University Health Science Center - New Orleans 
Rutgers University
SUNY Upstate Medical University 
Touro College - Bay Shore Campus 
Cornell University
Pacific University 
Oregon Health & Science University 
Arcadia University - Glenside Campus 
Salus University 
DeSales University
(+10 more schools)
Monmouth University (only non-CASPA school)

Application Submitted Date: CASPA submitted July 26, 2013

Schools Received Application Date: (approximate date) August 6, 2013

Interview Invites: Monmouth University

Denied: 29/31 schools

Withdrew Application: MCPHS

Waitlisted: MCPHS

Accepted: Monmouth University - 1 for 31 ain't so bad!

Attempt: 1st
  • Upvote 8

Undergrad Ed School:  Colorado State University – Fort Collins

Undergrad Major:  Health and Exercise Science – Sports Medicine
Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 3.08 (189 credits)
Science Undergrad GPA: 3.13 (132 credits)

Post-Bacc GPA: 4.0 (14 credits)
Graduate Ed School: Colorado State University – Biomedical Science SMP
Cumulative Graduate GPA: 3.91 (32 credits)
Science Graduate GPA: 3.91 (32 credits)

Cumulative GPA: 3.20 (221 credits)

Cumulative Science GPA: 3.28 (162 credits)

Last 110 credits: > 3.9

Age at application time: 26

GRE:  161V 150Q 4.5A

Direct Patient Care: Rehabilitation Aide >2052 hours

Other Activities: EMT-B, CNA, Gross Anatomy and Neuroanatomy TA, ED Volunteer, Outpatient Rehab Volunteer, Home Therapy Volunteer

Shadowing: 10 hours Ortho/Trauma PA-C; 9 hours FM PA-C; 9 hours FM/Sports Medicine MD

Schools Applied: Northern Arizona University, Rosalind Franklin, Wichita State, Tufts, University of New England, Campbell University, Duke, Stony Brook, Pacific University

Application Submitted Date:07/20/2013

Interview Invites: Northern Arizona, Campbell, Duke

Denied: Rosalind Franklin, Wichita, Tufts, New England, Stony Brook, Pacific

Withdrew Application: Campbell

Waitlisted: Duke

Accepted: Northern Arizona University

Attending: Northern Arizona University - Class of 2016!!!

Attempt:  First

• Upvote 1

Undergrad Ed School:  University of Minnesota- Twin Cities

Undergrad Major:  Microbiology
Cumulative Undergrad GPA:  3.21
Science Undergrad GPA:  3.11

Post Bac GPA: 4.0

GRE:  154V 156Q  4.0A

Direct Patient Care: CNA in nursing home ~1400 NST at Hospital ~2000

Other Activities: various volunteer activities, Leading and Planning College and High School Service trips over spring breaks 

Shadowing: 28 hrs total in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Geriatrics, Hospitalist, Rheumatology 

Schools Applied:  Boston U, Emory, MCPHS-boston, Methodist, Midwestern, Northwestern, Rosalind, OHSU, St. Catherine, Wingate, Idaho, Campbell 

Application Submitted Date:  8/23/13

Schools Received Application Date: mailed 8/23/13, supplements received on various dates

Interview Invites:  Campbell, Wingate, Rocky Mountain, Idaho, Rosalind, 

Denied:  All the others I didn't receive an interview at

Withdrew Application: 0

Waitlisted: Campbell, Wingate, Rocky Mountain, Idaho

Accepted:  Rocky Mountain!!!!! My first choice after interviewing with them. 

Attending:  Rocky Mountain College

Attempt:  Second (my first round I received no interview offers. After my first attempt I received a job at a hospital as an NA and was able to work with various PA's that wrote me a letter) I think the change in work setting and the LOR improved my application. 

There is hope for those on a waitlist!