Undergraduate School: SUNY New Paltz

Major: Cell/Molecular Biology, B.S.

Minor: Psychology

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.7

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.63

Age at application time : 24

1st GRE: V- 150, Q- 154, AW- 4.0

Direct Patient Care :

Patient Aide @ Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Center - 730 hours full/part time.

Home Health Aide - 300 hours part time (still working)

Physician Shadowing of Orthopedic Surgeon - 100 hours

Shadowing Orthopedic PA - 40 hours

Extracurricular/Research Activities:

Research in Biochemistry - Completing 4 credits this year. Approximately 240 hours.

Volunteer in Friend-to-a-Child program. Approximately 200 hours.

Volunteer at Rehabilitation Center. Approximately 400 hours.

Schools Applied: UMDNJ, Stony Brook, MUSC, SUNY Upstate, Le Moyne, and Drexel.

CASPA submitted 6/13/2012

Interview Invites: SUNY Upstate, UMDNJ, Le Moyne, and MUSC.

Waitlisted: UMDNJ and MUSC

Accepted: Le Moyne!

Attempts: First

[h=2][/h]

Undergrad Ed School: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.36

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.21

Graduate Ed School: N/A

Cumulative Graduate GPA: N/A

Science Graduate GPA: N/A

Age at application time : 23

1st GRE: V- 156 Q-159 W-5.0

2nd GRE: N/A

Direct Patient Care : CNA in PCU of Hospital ~1700

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Genetics research assistant at UNC for 2 years, clinical research assistant at ophthalmogist's office

Schools Applied: Duke, St. John's, UC-Davis, LIU-Brooklyn, South College- Knoxville

Application Submitted Date: 7/6/2012

Interview Invites: Duke, LIU-Brooklyn, South College

Denied: St. John's, UC-Davis

Withdrew Application: declined interviews at LIU and South College after receiving admission to Duke

Waitlisted: none

Accepted: Duke!!

Attempts: first

Undergrad Ed School: Arizona State University (BS in Kinesiology & Minor in Psychology)

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.64

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.46

Age at application time : 25

Direct Patient Care : (type & hours) ~5000 hrs (@ time of app.) as a phlebotomist in various medical settings (incl. hospital); ~60 hrs volunteering in hospitals and clinics (plus another 65 hrs without patient contact)

Shadowing: 25 hrs with PAs; 55 hrs with MDs

Schools Applied: Red Rocks, Univ of Utah, Quinnipiac, UNE, Saint Louis, Northeastern, Pacific, UC Davis, Western Univ, Univ of Bridgeport, UTHSCSA, Le Moyne, King’s College, Chatham, EVMS

Application Submitted Date: 4/28/12

Interview Invites: Univ of Bridgeport, UNE, Red Rocks, Univ of Utah, Saint Louis, Pacific, Le Moyne, Western, Chatham

Interviewed At: Univ of Bridgeport, UNE, Red Rocks, & Univ of Utah

Denied: UTHSCSA, Quinnipiac, Northeastern

Waitlisted: UNE

Accepted: Univ of Utah, Red Rocks, Univ of Bridgeport

Attending: Red Rocks!!

This is my second year applying, so hang in there if you don’t get in the first time around. The first year I interviewed at 6 schools, and was waitlisted at Quinnipiac and Pace. It gets expensive, but it will be worth it to have an amazing career when you’re done!

Undergrad: University of Texas

Cumulative Undergrad: 3.31

Science Undergrad: 3.57

GRE: (2011 scores)

Verbal: 700 (97th percentile)

Math 800 (96th percentile)

Writing 4.5

Direct Patient Care: None

Shadowing: Shadowed primary care provider for 20 hrs

Volunteering: 160 hours volunteering at hospital help desk

Extracurricular: Research for 3 hours credit senior year of undergrad

Schools applied: University of North Texas Health Science Center

Date applied: October 31

Interview: UNTHSC January 11

Accepted: UNTHSC January 29

Attempts: First

FINALLY! I can post this and feel proud to do so....

Undergrad: 6 Different schools but degree awarded from Olivet College (Michigan) in secondary education (PE/Health teacher)

Cumulative Undergrad: According to CASPA 3.05, but last 100+ credits ~ 3.7, last 32 credits 4.0 (all PA prereq's).

Science Undergrad: 3.36

GRE: (Not needed for the school I was accepted to, it was where I was waitlisted though).

Verbal: 148

Math: 153

Writing: 3.5

Direct Patient Care: ~4000 hours; 2500 as a fitness assistant at a hospital working as a personal trainer and with cardiac rehab patients. 1000 as a health educator and 500 as a patient care tech for a LTAC hospital (current).

Shadowing: Shadowed primary care provider for 30 hrs, CT PA for 30 hours, and a 20 hours w/ PA in ER.

Volunteering: 270 hours, mostly coaching middle school/high school basketball long before I decided to do PA school. ~20 hours in ER and 5k races.

Extracurricular: none

Schools applied: 2012 (Western Michigan); 2013 (Central Michigan, Western Michigan (2nd time), Grand Valley State, Univ. Detroit Mercy)

Date applied: Late August

Interview: Western Michigan (both years), Central Michigan, Detroit Mercy interviews don't start until late Feb/March.

Waitlisted: Central Michigan

Denied interview: GVSU (there big on GPA)

Accepted: Western Michigan University! Go Broncos!!!

Attempts: 2nd at Western Michigan, 1st at all other schools.

I applied only to Western Michigan last year, was interviewed but rejected. Called the program and emailed the prof who interviewed me and took their advice and got a different job as a PCT, took extra classes that were not prereq's but was told would be beneficial. I don't have the highest of GPA but I think they liked my teaching experience and my persistance in doing what needed to be done to be more competitive. It is going to change my life I can't tell you how happy I am. Don't get discouraged if you don't get in the first try, look at it as a positive which is what I did and I am kind of glad I didn't get in on the first try as getting a new job with better experience solidified my choice of wanting to be a PA.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had 6 interviews and been either waitlisted or outright rejected at every single school I've applied to. I had a 2.8 as a 20 something undergrad, went back and did a lot better years later. CASPA combined my two GPAs (2.8 and 3.8) to give me a 3.4. I was a respiratory therapist for 6 years until I had my children, then I stayed home with them. When they went to school that's when I went back also. I have worked for a local vet for 16 years. As an RT alone I logged over 11,000 hours PCE, including all the ICUs of a level II trauma center, and carrying the ER pager.

When I call the schools that rejected me to see what I am doing wrong, they don't really say anything specific. One school said they wanted updated PCE, but mostly they just say I "didn't stand out." I am forty years old and divorced with two kids. When I show up to interview I stick out like a sore thumb! Doesn't life experience count for anything? The only thing I can think of is the schools are worried I won't be able to hack it by myself. I now have 20K debt and I'm in the same situation I was when I started retaking classes over 3 years ago. At this point do I try again or just get a job?

ANY ADVICE appreciated!!

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Undergrad Ed School: Cleveland State University

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.82

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.69

Age at application time : 22

1st GRE: Verbal 152, Quant 148, Writing 4

2nd GRE: N/A

Direct Patient Care : 128 hours as a volunteer STNA at local Christian hospice for terminally ill, 354 hours as a PCA at local hospital Southwest Gen night shift surgical floor. First Aid attendant on a week-long mission trip to South Dakota for the construction workers on staff. 16 hours in STNA training clinicals at the assigned nursing home.

Indirect Patient Care: 2324 hours as a pharmacy technician in a retail pharmacy

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Observation and participation of rodent electrophysiology at Cleveland State on Synaptic Plastic and Behavioral Characterization of a Rat Model of Depression Based on Mild Chronic Stress.

Two semesters of American Sign Language in college.

Shadowed multiple PAs/MDs in multiple specialties for approx 60+ hours.

Received a 24 credit hour certification in medical transcription through Cleveland State continuing education (which i never used)

(CPR certified, STNA license acquired, Pharmacy tech Ohio certified through Giant Eagle Corporate.)

Schools Applied: 9 total--CSU/CCC, Toledo, Marietta, Marquette, Alderson Broaddus, University of Pittsburgh, Midwestern U, South College (in TN), OHSU

Application Submitted Date: 9/12/12

Schools Received Application Date: (approximate date) early October

Interview Invites: 8/9--all but OHSU

Denied: OHSU, Marquette, Marietta, CSU/CCC

Withdrew Application: Alderson Broaddus, Toledo, South College--I denied these interviews after receiving my acceptance.

Waitlisted: Pittsburgh

Accepted: Midwestern!! Class of 2015!!

Attempts: first

I was afraid of not having enough patient care experience, and my GRE score is pretty shabby. I tried to show that I could handle multiple stressors at once in interviews (two jobs, tough courseload with double sciences each sem, personal life obstacles, etc) and I wanted to appear as well-rounded as possible with many different life experiences. I tried my best to let my passion speak for itself, and to show my personality. It's hard to know what each school is looking for...the 5 interviews I went on were so different from each other. Listen to your gut and your feelings...remember YOU ARE INTERVIEWING THEM TOO!!! If you don't feel comfortable there, there's a reason. Everything with Midwestern fell into place so flawlessly, and I've never felt so comfortable interviewing anywhere. The school was essentially my top choice :)

I've been daydreaming about the day I could post my stats on here. DON'T GIVE UP!! you can do it!!! :;-D::=D::smile::wink::;;D:

• Upvote 1

Undergrad Ed School: New College of Florida

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: No GPA. I went to a fully accredited public school in Florida (accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) that did not award letter grades (http://www.ncf.edu).

Post-Baccalaureate Undergraduate GPA: 4.0. I took seven classes after graduation (anatomy and physiology 1 & 2, biochemistry, nutrition, developmental psychology, kinesiology, microbiology)

Age at application time : 25

1st GRE: 1320 (640 Verbal, 680 Q, 6.0 Writing)

Direct Patient Care : I worked at Duke University Medical Center conducting neuropsychological assessments with geriatric patients with cognitive impairment, Alzheimer's Disease, and depression (3,000 hours).

Extracurricular/Research Activities: I have a research background. At New College, I did a senior thesis using neuroscience techniques (fMRI) to investigate how trait mindfulness affects neural activity in attentional networks. Since I graduated from college in 2009, I have researched the biomarkers of Alzheimer's Disease using fMRI at Duke, the relationship between formal math education and white matter structure using diffusion tensor imaging at Vanderbilt, and the psychology of human-robot interactions at Vanderbilt. I have a first author publication. I thought for a long time I was going to go the cognitive/clinical neuroscience PhD route, but I realized patient care is what makes me happy, and research does not. I also teach a meditation class at Vanderbilt on a volunteer basis.

Schools Applied: 10.

Application Submitted Date: August 2012.

Schools Received Application Date: (approximate date) September 2012.

Interview Invites: 8 (Emory, Duke, Trevecca Nazarene, Pace, LeMoyne, Marquette, Barry, Campbell)

Denied: 3 (Trevecca Nazarene, University of Utah, George Washington)

Withdrew Application: 4 (Pace, LeMoyne, Marquette, Barry)

Waitlisted: 1 (Duke)

Accepted: 2 (Emory, Campbell)

It's been a long time coming, but after 2 straight years of being waitlisted, I finally get to post in this thread!

Undergrad Ed School: University of California, Irvine, Biological Sciences

Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 3.06

Science Undergrad. GPA: 2.65

Post-Bacc Overall/Science GPA: 4.0

Cumulative GPA: 3.30

Science GPA: 3.01

Age at application time: 25

1st GRE: 440 (42%) Verbal, 760 (84%) Quantitative, 3.5 Analytical

2nd GRE: 158 (79%) Verbal, 157 (77%) Quantitative, 4.5 (72%) Analytical

Direct Patient Care (type & hours): ER Scribe (6500 hrs), EMT (500 hrs), Medical Brigade (50 hrs), Volunteer at Urgent Care (100 hrs)

Shadowing: 6 PA's in various specialties, (35 hrs), 1 MD (15 hrs)

Extracurricular/Research Activities: No research. Though I did talk at my interviews about my hobbies.

Schools Applied: Quite a few. USC, Western U, Loma Linda, Samuel Merrit, Touro (Ca), Touro (Nv), Midwestern (Az), OHSU, Northwestern, Midwestern (IL), Barry University, Nova Ft. Laurdadale, LIU, PCOM

Application Submitted Date: September 2012

Schools Received Application Date: October 2012

Interview Invites: Northwestern, OHSU, Barry, USC, Western U, Midwestern (Az)

Denied: Northwestern, OHSU and schools that I weren't invited to.

Withdrew Application: Midwestern (Az)

Waitlisted: Barry

Accepted: Western U and USC!

Attending: Haven't decided yet!

Advice:a Don't give up! If you interview at a program and didn't get in, make sure you take them up on their offer to review your application and ask why you didn't get in so you can improve yourself. I believe this helps a lot!

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

i am currently in drexel's undergraduate nursing program, i was planning on working (hopefully at CHOP or HUP or Hahneman or Jefferson) as a nurse to gain experience for about a year and then apply to drexel pa school...do you have any tips for drexel's pa school in particular?

Undergrad Ed School: USC - Psychology Major, Business Administration Minor

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.50

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.9

Age at application time : 23

1st GRE: Verbal 580, Quant 720 Total: 1300

Direct Patient Care : Physical Therapy Aide

Schools Applied: UC Davis - Denied

Touro - Offered Interview, Did Not Attend

Duke - Denied

Cornell - Offered Interview, Did Not Attend

St. John's - Denied

Oregon HSU - Denied

USC - Accepted and Attending

USC was the first program to get back to me and I was offered a seat three weeks later. It was also #1 on my list, which is the reason I did not interview for the other programs.

It was my first round

• Upvote 1

Undergrad: Greenville College (a private school about 45 minutes Northeast of St. Louis)

Course of Study: B.A. in Biology, Minor in Spanish

Cumulative Undergrad: 3.62

Science Undergrad: 3.48

GRE:

Verbal: 153

Math: 153

Writing: 4.0

Direct Patient Care: Clinical Technician (CNA in hospital setting) - approx 2300 hours, Supportive Living Assistant (non medical care for autistic patient) - 600, Athletic Training Assistant - 100 hours, Medical Mission Trip to Guatemala - 80 hours, Clinical hours for CNA education - 120, Clinical hours for EMT education - 160, Non medical home aide - 80 hours for a temp agency.

Indirect Patient Care: Pharmacy Technician at retail pharmacy - approx 2500 hours

Shadowing: Shadowed Cardiology PA in hospital setting - just 8 hours

Volunteering: Adult Volunteer on mission trip to Colorado where we set up a summer camp for the week for kids that normally wouldn't have that kind of opportunity

Extracurricular: n/a (when you're working 50-60 hours per week, there's not much time for anything else, though I did have extracurriculars during my undergrad)

Schools applied: 2013: Midwestern University, Rosalind Franklin University, Rush University, Marquette, UW-Madison, SIU

Date applied: June 2013

Interview: SIU (November 2012), RFU (December 2012), MWU (January 2013)

Waitlisted: MW-Madison, Marquette, SIU

Denied interview: Rush

Accepted: Rosalind Franklin University & Midwestern University. I picked Midwestern University, of course!

Attempts: 2. I naively attempted to apply the first year with minimal clinical experience (read: I didn't have any CNA experience and hadn't really done my research on the application process). I only applied to 2 schools, I think. I did my research and studied hard for the GRE and raised my scores by 40%. I got a job at a hospital that didn't mind I didn't have any experience (though, it's an hour from my house) and I work nights (3 nights per week 6:30 pm to 7 am).

Standard Format:

Undergrad Ed School: Arizona State University, Western Governors University

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.34, Post-Bac 3.78, cummulative 3.39

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.43

Graduate Ed School: Purdue University

Cumulative Graduate GPA: 3.91

Science Graduate GPA: 4.0

Age at application time : 35

1st GRE: 150 (V), 158 (Q), 4.5 (W)

2nd GRE:

Direct Patient Care : 525 hours PA shadowing in ER; ER Scribe 9 months part time (>500 hours)

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Cardiac ICD research in graduate school in pig models

Schools Applied: University of Findlay, Ohio Dominican University

Application Submitted Date: 10/1/12

Schools Received Application Date: November 15, 2012

Interview Invites: Findlay, ODU

Denied: none

Withdrew Application: none

Waitlisted: none

Accepted: Findlay, ODU ---- Attending Findlay

Undergrad attended:University of Colorado Boulder, with a B.A. in Integrative Physiology

Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 3.22 (yeah….I know)

Science GPA: 3.2

I had also retaken CHEM 1, 2. I finished my “fifth” year with a 4.0 in32hours of upper division science classes

Age at application:28

GRE: V:550,Q:660, Writing: 4.0

Direct patient care:6,000 hours(3 years) working the night shift at an inpatient psychiatric anddetox facility as a Mental Health Counselor.

Shadowing: D.O.in family medicine, PA in surgery, PA in Psychiatry, MD in Anesthesiology

Extracarricular:Volunteer on and off from age 11-25 at hospitals, working in the ED andTransitional Care.

Schools applied: University of Iowa, Rosalind Franklin, OhioDominican, Elon, Rush Methodist University,

Interview Invites: University of Iowa, Rosalind Franklin,Ohio Dominican, Elon, Methodist University

Denied: Rush

Withdrew Application:Elon,Ohio Dominican

Waitlisted:University of Iowa, Methodist

Accepted:Rosalind Franklin!!!

Attempt: first

Undergrad Ed School: UC Santa Cruz, BA Philosophy

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.44

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.33

Graduate Ed School: 9 prereqs at Bunker Hill Community College, Mass Bay Community College, Harvard Extension

Cumulative Graduate GPA: 3.8

Science Graduate GPA: 3.8

1st GRE: 170 verbal (99th%), 159 qual (82nd %), 4.5 writing (75th %)

Direct Patient Care: ~5600 as EMT, mixed services at several companies in two states

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Taught clinical education, including CPR and continuing ed.; several published feature articles in trade magazines; extensive involvement with public CPR and cardiac arrest initiatives; created and wrote extensively for an educational EMS website for 2+ years;

Shadowing: 14 hours (6 IR, 4 burn unit, 4 ED, all at same hospital, all PA)

Schools Applied: Quinnipiac, MCPHS (Boston), University of New England, Duke University, Pacific University, Philadelphia University, Chatham University, University of Washington MEDEX (Seattle)

Application Submitted Date: 6/25

Schools Received Application Date: 7/9-7/13

Interview Invites: MCPHS, UNE, Duke, Pacific, MEDEX, Chatham (declined)

Denied: Duke, Pacific, MEDEX, Quinnipiac, Philadelphia

Withdrew Application: Chatham

Waitlisted: MCPHS (later "removed")

Accepted: UNE

Interesting process. Applied to 8, interview invites at 6, attended 5, accepted at 1. Pretty opaque process; would like to know if I'm interviewing poorly, because the ratios seem off. Will try and seek out some feedback.

• Upvote 1

Undergrad Ed School: UC Santa Cruz, BA Philosophy

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.44

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.33

Graduate Ed School: 9 prereqs at Bunker Hill Community College, Mass Bay Community College, Harvard Extension

Cumulative Graduate GPA: 3.8

Science Graduate GPA: 3.8

1st GRE: 170 verbal (99th%), 159 qual (82nd %), 4.5 writing (75th %)

Direct Patient Care: ~5600 as EMT, mixed services at several companies in two states

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Taught clinical education, including CPR and continuing ed.; several published feature articles in trade magazines; extensive involvement with public CPR and cardiac arrest initiatives; created and wrote extensively for an educational EMS website for 2+ years;

Shadowing: 14 hours (6 IR, 4 burn unit, 4 ED, all at same hospital, all PA)

Schools Applied: Quinnipiac, MCPHS (Boston), University of New England, Duke University, Pacific University, Philadelphia University, Chatham University, University of Washington MEDEX (Seattle)

Application Submitted Date: 6/25

Schools Received Application Date: 7/9-7/13

Interview Invites: MCPHS, UNE, Duke, Pacific, MEDEX, Chatham (declined)

Denied: Duke, Pacific, MEDEX, Quinnipiac, Philadelphia

Withdrew Application: Chatham

Waitlisted: MCPHS (later "removed")

Accepted: UNE

Interesting process. Applied to 8, interview invites at 6, attended 5, accepted at 1. Pretty opaque process; would like to know if I'm interviewing poorly, because the ratios seem off. Will try and seek out some feedback.

Klvball I noticed UF has a list of recommended courses also. Did you happen to have any of those, or just the pre reqs required? Thanks :)

Undergraduate Education School: University of Florida, Bachelor of Science- Applied Physiology and Kinesiology

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.22

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.22

Age at application time: 25, second year applying

(old) GRE: 1030 (Math - 590, Verbal - 440, Writing - 3.5)

Direct Patient Care: Medical Assistant, Skin Cancer/Derm Private Practice- 4200 hours. Cardiac Rehabilitation Intern, Cardiac Rehab Clinic in local hospital- 720 hours. Total ~5000 hrs.

Shadowing: Rural Area Primary Care PA- 12 hours.

Extra-curricular Activities: Red Cross volunteer- 50 hrs, WUFT-FM Volunteer Reader- 100 hrs, Women's Club Volleyball- captain, Sorority member- 3 years

Other Relevant Info: AAPA Affiliate Member, BLS Certification

Schools Applied: 8

Application Submitted Date: June 18, 2012

Date Schools Received Application: Date: July 6, 2012

Interview Invites: University of Florida, South University- Savannah

Denied: Albany Medical College, University of South Alabama, Pace University

No word yet: Samuel Merritt University, South University- Tampa, Nova Southeastern- Ft. Myers

Waitlisted: South University- Savannah

Accepted: University of Florida

• Upvote 1

FINALLY!!

Undergrad Ed School: University of Minnesota-Twin Cities

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.1ish

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.1ish

Age at application time : 28

1st GRE: 1200 total (570 verbal, 630 Quant), 4.5 writing

Direct Patient Care : PCA ~300 hours, CNA~2000, EMT ~ 300, Volunteer abroad~200,

Extracurricular/Research Activities: Research in plant biology lab, MAPS, APO, CRY, etc..

Schools Applied: Too many to list. (~20)

Application Submitted Date: 6/20/12 ish..

Interview Invites: George Washington University (10/20), LMU-DCOM (11/1), St.Catherine University

Accepted: George Washington University (attending!), LMU-DCOM, and St.Catherine University.

I am so very excited to be starting PA school at GWU! All my work has paid off. Those with lower GPAs--it is possible! You have to keep positive, and keep improving your application! Took me two tries, but here I am!

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.35

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.4

Age at application time : 21

1st GRE: Will take soon.

Direct Patient Care : Volunteer in the local emergency room 200 Hours

Educational Opportunity Fund Student Association, September 2012 - Present

- Community Service Coordinator

Muslim Student Association, February 2012 - Present

Peer Mentor, Educational Opportunity Fund Program, June 2011 - Present

Asian Club, September 2010 - Present

Emerging Leaders, February 2011 – April 2011

Volunteer / Mentor - Boys & Girls Club of New Jersey (Fall Semester of Freshman Year)

Volunteer – Educational Opportunity Fund Office

Community Service - Junkyard Dogs

Community Service - MLK Community Service (Park Clean-Up)

Schools Applied: Every school in the NJ / NY area

Any chance?

Volunteer / Mentor - Boys & Girls Club of New Jersey (Fall Semester of Freshman Year)

Any chance?

Any chance?

Hope this can help somebody out there:

Undergrad School: California State University, Sacramento

Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.54

Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.23

Didn't take the GRE

Direct Patient Care : Army Medic ~16,000; Health Fair Contractor ~200; Student Clinic volunteer ~100

Extracurricular/Research Activities: AMSA President, Fire Fighter Burn Institute Summer Camp Counselor for Burned Youth, BIOCORPS, C. elegans neuro research (2 publications pending), UC Davis School of Medicine free student clinic volunteer

Awards/Orgs: Phi Kappa Phi, CSUS Dept of Biology Outstanding Senior Award, Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Combat Action Badge, Overseas Service Ribbon, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Iraqi Campaign Medal

Schools Applied: 2: UC Davis, Samuel Merritt University

Current Application Submitted Date: 9/1/12

Number of times applied: 1

Interview Invites: UC Davis, Samuel Merritt University

Accepted: UC Davis (attending), Samuel Merritt University

• Upvote 1

Didn't take the GRE

Direct Patient Care : Army Medic ~16,000; Health Fair Contractor ~200; Student Clinic volunteer ~100

Extracurricular/Research Activities: AMSA President, Fire Fighter Burn Institute Summer Camp Counselor for Burned Youth, BIOCORPS, C. elegans neuro research (2 publications pending), UC Davis School of Medicine free student clinic volunteer

Awards/Orgs: Phi Kappa Phi, CSUS Dept of Biology Outstanding Senior Award, Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Combat Action Badge, Overseas Service Ribbon, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Iraqi Campaign Medal

Didn't take the GRE