2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had my interview a few hours ago. I stayed at the Hampton Inn and the hotel is about two blocks from the interview site, so I would recommend staying here. Also, it was the cheapest of the all the hotels that I checked out, plus you won't need a taxi. However parking is rather expensive.

Tips for the interview,

-Dress nice (everyone had a suit when I arrived)

-Make sure to play well with others

-Do your research on the University before you show up

-Have good examples of your leadership skills and how you would react/reacted to various situations

-Last, and probably the most important thing to know is why you want to be a PA (considering the other options)

In terms of what to expect:

-Day is from 9AM-5PM

-We started off with an essay of about 6 or 7 questions (30 min timed)

-Then had a tour of the facility 

-Had free lunch with the Director of the Program (Patrick Auth) at a different building where the interviews are conducted

-We did a quick review of a scenario and were then called back for an interview with either a staff member or current student (both are mandatory)

-After everyone was done we were released 

Hope this was helpful.

Good luck to everyone!

In regards to not hearing from them, I would just call. In fact I spoke with Janet two times before I got my invite for interview. My point? don't be afraid to call and see whats going on. You paid the money to be a candidate, don't throw it away by trying not to be overbearing.

I also had to update my CASPA with one course that I needed to take, so they actively look at your stuff. Keep it up to date.

In regards to not hearing from them, I would just call. In fact I spoke with Janet two times before I got my invite for interview. My point? don't be afraid to call and see whats going on. You paid the money to be a candidate, don't throw it away by trying not to be overbearing.

I also had to update my CASPA with one course that I needed to take, so they actively look at your stuff. Keep it up to date.

What number did you use to call I have a question about updating a missing prerequisite but cannot find a phone number online? I only see an email contact but would much rather call. Thanks!

Just received notification from Janet last night via phone that I was accepted. I can't even express how happy I was to get that call. Good luck to the rest of you who are still awaiting final decisions. She did say that quite a few were accepted from my interview pool, so stay hopeful!

Did you receive an email/directions to pay the deposit/anything in the mail yet?

I also received a phone call and am wondering how long it typically takes for these things to occur. I was too excited to even ask the timeline of those things on the phone.

Congrats!

Can you tell us what your favorite thing about Drexel's program has been so far? Or why you chose to attend Drexel?

I answered this question in a private message to another applicant and here was my reasoning. Hope this helps :)

Drexel is a great program and I am only in week #6 here but here's what i know and what helped me make my decision to go with Drexel. It was established in 1971 which I'm sure you know the PA profession started in around 1965 so it is one of the oldest programs in the nation. They have been accredited for all of those years and just went through it again last year or earlier this year I believe? 

Another really important consideration is the fact that Drexel is associated with Hahnemann Hospital. This IS one of the top reasons why I chose it. Its week #6 like I told you already and I have been to the hospital twice already, after tomorrow make that time #3. So pretty much every other week we are there doing histories and physicals! It is GREAT to get to practice on people that are not actors. I mean we also have some standardized patients which are actors but it is wonderful just to be in the same building as the hospital or connected to it at least. For me that ruled out my other school because although they had a clinic, it was a standardized patient clinic. There was no hospital there. 

Location was the other top reason that I chose Drexel. My boyfriend lives in Philadelphia and he has for several years before I even interviewed I knew I should look at Drexel. Not only that but I love the city and if you would have asked me this a few years ago I would have told you otherwise. I am from a pretty rural town so I wasn't used to city life but it is great and Philadelphia is beautiful! I think it is better than most cities because of all the greenery, parks, and most importantly fountains! The other school I considered was near Phoenix Arizona but it would have required a move across the country and it although it was near Phoenix, it wasn't city living. 

Did you receive an email/directions to pay the deposit/anything in the mail yet?

I also received a phone call and am wondering how long it typically takes for these things to occur. I was too excited to even ask the timeline of those things on the phone.

Congrats!

Hey! I received an email this week saying that we will get a packet in the mail and the deposit must be submitted 15 days from receiving the packet. Congratulations!!!

Hey! I received an email this week saying that we will get a packet in the mail and the deposit must be submitted 15 days from receiving the packet. Congratulations!!!

same to you!

I received an email after the call but it did not contain anything about the deposit so I'll be waiting for my packet in the mail :D

• 2 weeks later...

They usually are. I know they usually continue interviews into sometime into late February/early march but it really just depends on the year on the exact date. Last year I think it was sometime in March or April. I can't say for sure but they should have several more interview spots before they are finished for this CASPA cycle. 

Did anyone who got accepted feel as if they did not have a chance of being accepted because of a terrible interview!!? I feel as though my interview last week went horrible but they always say you didnt do as bad as you think you did! Please let me know!

I definitely felt this way after my interview. I could not get a good sense of how my interview went as I was leaving. I actually had a moment where the interviewer interrupted me mid-response because they disagreed with me so I left the room thinking that I blew it. In the end I was accepted! You just never know!! It's so easy to let the insecurities run through your mind. The wait for a response, whether accepted or rejected, is definitely the worst part. Just stay optimistic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived