Applying for 2016 start/2018 graduating class

I am not certain, but from what I've read on this forum and the website it seems they start interviews in September and go through January.  I am still waiting on one LOR...have sent him multiple reminders. :-/  I am ready to see my application say "under review".  Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For GRU, I know that I have my transcripts submitted directly to their office of academic admissions.  However, are there any other documents that need to be submitted to them?  For example, their website says the following: "Application materials and documents (e.g. transcripts, proof of degree, transcript evaluations, etc) are submitted directly to and processed through GRU’s OAA."  

Thanks guys and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

@cltinker I do not believe that this will be helpful. There is no magic recipe to get accepted or even get an interview. We were told that there are many 4.0 GPA and thousands of hands on experienced candidates that will not be interviewed. Being a well-rounded individual and the best version of yourself is what is going to get you in. I had a 3.8 GPA some hours of hands on experience as a MA but 2+ years of shadowing and volunteering with PAs and undeserved population. Consistency is the key. It shows that this is not a last minute decision. We were told that the next round of interview will not take place till mid-Sept. And you will be more likely notified via email. I know this is a very stressful process and it takes more than being qualified to get in. They have so many good candidates. Best of luck to you all.

• 1 month later...

congrats! my app still hasn't been reviewed... does anyone know if they send you an email once the status changes to under review?

Thank you! And I don't believe so. I did receive a summary of my credits from GRU in the mail but I think that might have been before my application was 100% complete. Did you get that yet? Otherwise you'll probably just have to keep checking your online status.

I had everything on my end complete in early July but had to wait for my LORs to be submitted and that wasnt until about August 20.

That makes me feel some better. :) Mine wasn't complete until almost a month after yours. My fingers are still crossed.

Best of luck to you on the 16th!  I'm sure since you were waitlisted last year, you are in this year! 

• 4 weeks later...

Jnorton3.. They told us that a few people can sometimes hear very quickly after the interview for early acceptance. Everyone else (the majority of interviewees) can wait until December to hear back! I just got a letter in the mail today from GRU.. It was dated for last Monday, October 26th.. I was placed on the wait list! So 10 days after our interview on October 16th, they decided my status. ????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scantrell4, Congrats!! I haven't gotten anything yet =/ idk if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I would say it's a good thing!!! They said most applicants would be under review for a while so I am surprised to hear already, especially for wait list.. So fingers crossed for ya! Acceptance is coming your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived