2015-2016 Applicants

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next word you will hear from them is of you get an interview or not.. You can't rush that. There are 17 of us that are waiting on word after we have interviewed. They said we would hear no later than 2 weeks after the interview. It's been two weeks. Don't rush the review portion. They can take as long as they would like on that part.

hii! i have an interview set up for oct 16! For all the people who were waitlisted, did they tell you the reason as to why you were put on the waiting list? what are everyones stats like? 

They didn't give us any specific reason for being put on the waitlist, but they gave us a general list of ways to become a competitive applicant such as getting a higher GPA, retaking the GRE, more healthcare/shadowing hours, etc..

As for stats, I have a 3.66 caspa gpa, a 3.4 science gpa, 309 on the gre, over 4 years of hc exp, ~500 volunteer hours, and 90 hours of shadowing. I'll graduate in May with two degrees - a B.S in Biomedical Sciences and a B.A in Psychology.

Hey guys,

I have an interview scheduled for 10/29 and 10/30.  How was the MMI type of interview compared to traditional interviews?

Also, how was the health science reasoning test?

And is the first day less formal for attire?  Would I wear a suit both days?

I don't really know what to expect so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

There was only one day for us, not 2. And yes formal, wear a suit and tie. I actually really liked the MMI, just watch the videos they sent you links for and be yourself when you go in. They explain how it all works when you get there. Also, the health science reasoning test doesn't count towards your interview score and their decision ... They are thinking about using it in the future and so I guess they are using the information from it and the applicants they pick to see how good of an indicator it is for helping pick future applicants.

I will also say that it's easy to walk in and give a generic answer to the MMI questions. Since there isn't a typical one on one interview with the usual "why would you make a good PA?" "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" Etc., you really have to work that in when answering the questions. Show them how personal experience influenced your answer and/or led you to answer differently than you normally would have because of what you learned from that experience.

@kmw2008

The director told us that they were going back to the two day interview during our interview. He said that it gives them more time to relax with the applicants instead of our interview process where it was just go go go and we really didn't get to spend any stress free time with the faculty/staff 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived