2015-2016 Applicants

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey! I submitted my app early July and was verified about 2 weeks later. I received my invitation for interview this week for September 25. Its a one day event from about 8:00am-3:30pm. I am a re-applicant from the 2014-2015 cycle and this is my first interview for MC. Anyone else gotten an interview?

Thanks! Lets see, I graduated with my BS in Biology in May 2015 and I started my MS in biology the next week and expect to graduate in May 2016. My undergrad gpa was 3.27 and my grad gpa is a 3.7 right now. I have a phlebotomy license and I volunteer at the local free clinic about once a month. I have also shadowed 2 PAs consistently over the last 2-3 years. My GRE was a 301, I believe. MC really likes re-applicants. I believe about half their class this year were re-applicants. 

Wow, our stats are almost identical! I enrolled in the Health Services Administration MS program at MC over the summer after I received my rejection email last year, so I'm hoping that plus the extra 1000 hours I've accrued as an ER scribe since then will give me more of a competitive edge this cycle.

Are you doing the MS in Biology/Medical Sciences?  I really wanted to do that program, but elected for the MHSA program instead because I had the option of doing it completely online without having to relocate. Anyways, congrats again on your invite! You sound like very well-rounded applicant and I hope to see you in class this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am also a re-applicant for MC. I've asked this question on another thread, but no answers yet. How would you handle listing things like athletic scholarships, being selected to student athlete recruiting teams, and sorority leadership positions? List under achievements, awards, and honors or not at all?

Hey! I would list anything that happened in your college career. I put my scholarships under awards and all of your other stuff, I would list under achievements because I assume you were elected/earned your position there. Make sense? Either way, definitely put it on there, it shows that you were involved/personable.  

Archived