A bit concerned. What are my chances?

Hi guys! I'm sure we are all in a similar boat with concerns about our applications, so hopefully this will be helpful to other in similar situations. Here's what I'm working with:

• 3.6 non science 
  • 4.0 science (Post Bacc classes)
  • 1400 (and counting) HCE hours as a CNA in a Hospital
  • ~ 24 hours shadowing multiple PAs
  • GRE 155 Qualitative, 157 Quantitative, 4.0 Writing 
  • Verified: May 22, 2015

I graduated in 2010 with a degree in Interior Design. I lived in Korea for two years teaching and traveling. My time overseas lead me to change my career path and I wrote about that in my Personal Statement. I know I am a non-traditional applicant because of my undergrad degree, but I am hoping that my post bacc GPA and HCE will show that I am serious about this decision. 

I feel good about my GPA, GRE and HCE, but my biggest concern is that I have a degree in the arts field. Has anyone else had this issue and gotten accepted? Any other feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Guest JPG13

I really don't think you have anything to be worried about! I've noticed that you are applying to many of the schools I am (just from looking at those school's individual boards here) and I would be shocked if you didn't get into one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

All you can do is apply and see what happens. I shadowed a school teachers who became a PA. I believe a lot of the programs want diversity and a cohort that works together towards a common goal. When you get an interview, just show your enthusiasm and your knowledge of the profession and you're golden!

-Joe

Archived