West VA Charleston University

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to wish the rest of the interviewees good luck on the interview. Although I've only done one group interview in addition to this group interview, I have a feeling that this is going to be one of the most relaxing group interviews I have ever done or will do. I'm not sure how much I can reveal, but the questions were mostly lighthearted and aimed at getting to know the applicants better. 

Only 3 more days of interviews left! Good luck everyone interviewing Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. If I could give anyone advice it would be to stand out, try to be unique, and don't be afraid to show your passion for the PA field. UC stands out from any other program because they are not just looking for a number they are looking for a person that is truly genuine and passionate. Break a leg you all can do it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow that's great! Clan anyone tell me how many simulation patients they have? I'm just curious

We see simulation patients over the span of 3 semesters. We saw 10 standardized patients in our second semester alone. This semester we are partnering with UC's Pharmacy School students to manage one patient over a long span of time but this patient will present with different complaints and medical needs each visit. I'm not exactly sure how many encounters we have next semester but I know that it is fully loaded. Like @jdizzl11 said, this is a good question to ask at your interview!

The wait is almost over! Congratulations to everyone on getting an interview-a huge accomplishment. I also was impressed with the caliber of candidates! Everyone I met would make a great PA, I can't imagine trying to narrow it down to only 22. Keep us posted on news from UC! For those of us who don't get in . . . remember the waitlist doesn't mean it's over and there's always next year. Looking at the big picture, what's one more year to have your dream career?!

Archived