MASSACHUSETTS: Tufts University 2015-2016

My interview is coming up. Anyone interviewed already willing to share what the day was like?

Be natural. The faculty is amazing and friendly. Take advantage of the students giving you the tour!!

Some will interview first and then tour, others will tour and then interview, so it's possible you will tour before sitting with the admissions committee.

Have a solid foundation of your experiences. The interview questions are personalized and in-depth.  However, there is nothing surprising about any of the questions!  Every candidate I met was extremely friendly- so talk to them, too!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be natural. The faculty is amazing and friendly. Take advantage of the students giving you the tour!!

Some will interview first and then tour, others will tour and then interview, so it's possible you will tour before sitting with the admissions committee.

Have a solid foundation of your experiences. The interview questions are personalized and in-depth.  However, there is nothing surprising about any of the questions!  Every candidate I met was extremely friendly- so talk to them, too!

Thanks! That's really helpful, I'm looking forward to visiting. Good luck to you.

At my interview (8/4) they had told us that 35 of the seats had been filled. We were also told that we may hear back within a few days of the interview, but it could be anytime before mid- October. I received an email the next day- so although some hear back quickly, I assume it varies. 

So according to the email, we should have heard back within 2-3 weeks. It has been over 3 weeks (about 4), for me. 

Is it worth contacting them? Not sure this is a good thing, but I guess it's better than a rejection right away... 

Please provide any insight you may have! 

At my interview (8/4) they had told us that 35 of the seats had been filled. We were also told that we may hear back within a few days of the interview, but it could be anytime before mid- October. I received an email the next day- so although some hear back quickly, I assume it varies. 

the wait is killing me...interview was 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything except that i'm still "under consideration"....beginning to feel doubtful :( this is my top choice!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all!  I have an interview scheduled for 9/22 and am coming all the way from Des Moines, Iowa.  Does anybody know how many spots are left open?  I am getting really nervous about spending all the money on traveling out to Boston when I know that there's a chance that, with rolling admissions, the class is already full.  Does anybody have any of that info?  Thanks in advance!

Hey there - I interviewed back in Aug 12th with 7 other people, and sadly they only had 10 seats open. I'm not sure how many interview sessions they've had since then, but I think it's getting down to the wire. I wish they were more transparent with the admissions process so we as students can assess the cost and risk of making decisions. Good luck.

Hello all!  I have an interview scheduled for 9/22 and am coming all the way from Des Moines, Iowa.  Does anybody know how many spots are left open?  I am getting really nervous about spending all the money on traveling out to Boston when I know that there's a chance that, with rolling admissions, the class is already full.  Does anybody have any of that info?  Thanks in advance!

Hey there - I interviewed back in Aug 12th with 7 other people, and sadly they only had 10 seats open. I'm not sure how many interview sessions they've had since then, but I think it's getting down to the wire. I wish they were more transparent with the admissions process so we as students can assess the cost and risk of making decisions. Good luck.

I interviewed July 29th and I'm still under consideration!!!! This is crazy, I can't even get a timeline for when the final decisions will go out.  I got accepted to another program that starts in January as well and I really really need to start planning if I need to move out of state. Hopefully we hear from them soon.

I am in the same boat. I have called tufts, and was told everyone will hear by October 1st (that's the goal). It seems if you received the "under consideration" email after interviewing, you will be wait listed or rejected at that time. She told me there are very few spots left, and there are still interviews until the end of the month.

Seems chances are slim :(

I am in the same boat. I have called tufts, and was told everyone will hear by October 1st (that's the goal). It seems if you received the "under consideration" email after interviewing, you will be wait listed or rejected at that time. She told me there are very few spots left, and there are still interviews until the end of the month.

Seems chances are slim :(

that seems unfair to people traveling from across the country to interview :/

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed in September and haven't heard anything at all...not even an "under consideration" email.

Anyone else in the same boat? Would calling them look bad? Their decision determines whether I travel out of state for another interview in a few days.

I called admissions a few days ago- their goal was to reach decisions by this week

So yeah :/

Archived