Michigan: Eastern Michigan University

Guest Jo1208

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh... Still haven't heard anything .. So nervous .. Hope they send out more interview emails.. anyone else get interviews? Can you please share your stats as well.. Thanks!

My post-Bacc GPA was 3.92, my overall is 3.59.  I had about 60 volunteer hours, 9 years of experience as an ATC and letters of rec from a PA, PT supervisor, and MD that I worked with.  Hope that helps. ( this was my second time applying)

I talked to them last Wednesday and they said that everyone will receive notification by December 15th. Unfortunately, I think all of the interviews were probably sent out. I believe they were doing a tiered system, where they work their way from the top down. Unfortunately, not sure where that puts us that have not received any emails. My problem is my GPA, since its cumulative for all undergrad work, or last 60 credit hours. (divorce, craziness, etc. got me) I really think thats all they care about (the GPA), because i have over 25,000 hours of top tier patient care, as a Navy Corpsman and as an LPN. I guess it's not meant to be for some of us... Either way, a giant congrats to those that received interviews!!!!!!

It only makes sense that they're sending out more invites. They would send out the first wave to the top people. They wait to hear back and then when people decline their invite (because it's late and it only makes sense that the top candidates already received acceptances to other programs) and then send out however many invites they need to fill the interview slots. So since they sent out the first invites the week of Thanksgiving, they probably have a deadline to respond and then starting next week will use the remaining time prior to the 15th to send out the rest. 

Archived