Still unemplyoed. Anyone ever do any medical assisting jobs in lieu of PA work?

I guess I've never understood that mindset....not moving that is. I could move every 2-3 years, and have, until settling here in Minnesota. I talk about moving again all the time. The world is too big to be stuck in one place....I know some of my friends that have never lived anywhere but in our hometown.....I just don't get that. They say it's cause of family. But I don't know....sometimes I think it's a fear of change. I would never want to live near my family....Family is something that is best served in moderation.

Of course others have different opinions and different likes/dislikes....

Exactly...the world is over 28,000 miles around, with far more cultures and adventures than I could ever count. Get out and experience it. Family and true friends will always be there. Change is flippin' frightening. But the fear is also invigorating and lets you know you still have a pulse and a soul. Getting out of your comfort zone once in awhile is an amazing character development tool.

I know a young lady from the bay area accepted to a PA program in ME and didnt want to go because she was scared to move from her family....perhaps if she had one like mine should would be knee deep in classes in ME right now lol

Im not sure if its the military life in me or what but the only issues I had with relocation was weather...I tried to avoid as many places with snow as possible (interestingly every place I interviewed with except for one had snow that day or it was incredibly cold) other than that I applied from the northeast to southwest. people keep asking am I moving back to FL when I graduate and all I can say is "i dont know....if I get a higher offer there than anywahere else"

The fact that I want to move around is one reason why Im not sure about buying a house

I guess I've never understood that mindset....not moving that is. I could move every 2-3 years, and have, until settling here in Minnesota. I talk about moving again all the time. The world is too big to be stuck in one place....I know some of my friends that have never lived anywhere but in our hometown.....I just don't get that. They say it's cause of family. But I don't know....sometimes I think it's a fear of change. I would never want to live near my family....Family is something that is best served in moderation.

Of course others have different opinions and different likes/dislikes....

Agreed, well said :)

Exactly...the world is over 28,000 miles around, with far more cultures and adventures than I could ever count. Get out and experience it. Family and true friends will always be there. Change is flippin' frightening. But the fear is also invigorating and lets you know you still have a pulse and a soul. Getting out of your comfort zone once in awhile is an amazing character development tool.

Amen, hallelujah :)

Archived