Application cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received my denial letter from Jacksonville. The worst part is, I am in Romania with my wife on vacation. My best friend opened the mail and read me the news. This is truly deflating! Although my GPA is not extremely high, I have a wealth of experience and a true love for medicine. I honestly don't know what else to do to get in. I earned three interviews out of six applications this cycle & don't know how many more years I can keep doing this. I pray to hear something good from my remaining school. I know that I will be a fantastic PA.

Something key to consider, even though "regret to inform you" is never the phrase we want to hear:

By the time you have an invitation to interview, there's not an admissions committee out there that's worried about your ability to study and perform academically. Interviews are rarely if ever an opportunity to probe the depths of your intellectual brain pan -- they're a chance to let you tell them how you think, what makes you tick, and what kind of classmate/student/sibling you're going to be. They're picking who they'll spend the next two years with in close quarters, and they're picking a team to work together in those close quarters in that same time.

Put another way, they're not concerned about your ability to perform in a vacuum, but they want to see how you'll fit into a larger team of your colleagues, and to figure out what you're bringing to the table in the process.

I had several interviews, multiple acceptances, and never batted 1.000 in any of those arenas. Sometimes it's a matter of finding the team you'll fit on based on your personality, background, and performance. If you've gotten interviews, perhaps focus on how you're coming across in the interviews, or gear your answers based on the advice above.

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted! Add yourself to the Facebook group we made "NSU Jacksonville PA Class of 2018 (Unofficial)"! For everyone who has interviewed and didn't get a call from Kandee, don't lose hope! I was accepted and I never got a call from her, just my acceptance packet in the mail about a week after I saw people got acceptance calls. (I told her she shouldn't do that because it totally freaked me out haha) Good luck everyone! 

Hi all, I've applied to the other nova campuses but not Jacksonville. I think I will apply here too today. I have interviews at the other campuses. Is Jacksonville located in city or suburb ? Is it a safe town? And how was the interview process? Welcoming? Out of the other campuses, which one would you choose and why? Thanks in advance for the help !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, I've applied to the other nova campuses but not Jacksonville. I think I will apply here too today. I have interviews at the other campuses. Is Jacksonville located in city or suburb ? Is it a safe town? And how was the interview process? Welcoming? Out of the other campuses, which one would you choose and why? Thanks in advance for the help !

I came from Louisiana and was accepted here. To me it was more welcoming than all the Louisiana schools I've interviewed at. I really feel like it made me feel at home and the interview was very informative and laid back. I had an interview for the Orlando campus, but I declined it because I really liked Jacksonville. I felt the school was located between the city and the suburbs. It was located in this little business area, which I thought was nice.

Hi everyone! I'm a Florida resident and have applied.. I have not yet heard anything from Nova! Once you submitted your caspa, and then your supplemental material.. Did you receive any other email or information prior to an interview invitation? Also.. Will there be more interviews to come? Keeping my hopes up :)

Can anyone please tell me if it is too late to apply to the program? I have a lot of patient care experience but my GRE score isn't great. Also, how important is the GRE for admissions committee?

Still plenty of time for interviews and likely plenty of openings.

The GRE is important -- you need to make sure you're above 50th percentile in both verbal and quantitative, and do decently on the written bit too. For Nova Jax, the GRE is not a throwaway, it's kind of a filter.

Archived