Application cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They told us a candle wood suites and a radisson inn gives us discounts ..... I'm just worried because I don't have a car and I was planning on taking an uber.... Is uber pretty consistent there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year I stayed at one of the recommended hotels (I can't remember which one) and the hotel had a shuttle to take us to and from the interview if we wanted. You can try giving the hotels they recommend a call and see if they provide that. The shuttle was very convenient, I think I told them about 30 minutes in advanced and they were ready to take me over, and then the guy gave me his card to call him when I was ready to be picked up.

Last year I stayed at one of the recommended hotels (I can't remember which one) and the hotel had a shuttle to take us to and from the interview if we wanted. You can try giving the hotels they recommend a call and see if they provide that. The shuttle was very convenient, I think I told them about 30 minutes in advanced and they were ready to take me over, and then the guy gave me his card to call him when I was ready to be picked up.

Thanks so much .... That's a very good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I interview here on Sept 22nd, and I'm trying to prepare. Any advice from current students or someone how has interviewed with Nova before? I know the biggest advice is just be yourself and I agree that's great advice. However, I would like to know the format of the interview and if it was stressful? My GPA isn't the best. Should be I be very prepared to answer questions about this? 

I interview here on Sept 22nd, and I'm trying to prepare. Any advice from current students or someone how has interviewed with Nova before? I know the biggest advice is just be yourself and I agree that's great advice. However, I would like to know the format of the interview and if it was stressful? My GPA isn't the best. Should be I be very prepared to answer questions about this? 

I didn't face a single question about my GPA, and it wasn't "the best." Prepare for your interview the same way you'd prepare for any job interview -- you're getting hired for a 2+ year contract. :) The admissions committee, for the most part, is deciding with whom they want to spend the next couple of years in close quarters. If you're already there for an interview, they're not sweating the capacity of your brain pan, they want to see if you're a fit in the class they're building.

Know thyself, know why you're getting into this profession, know about the profession. Do your homework on the school and come prepared with questions. They can ask anything, so be able to think on your feet -- but the biggest thing is to explain why you're there, where you're going, and why. Be yourself, don't be the person you think they want to see! It takes all kinds to make a class, and cookie-cutter is boring.

-Me, NSU Jax c/o 2016

Archived