Application cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

Getting a little nervous as the interview date is getting nearer. Can never be too prepared! For those who have been accepted, how many individual staff memebers did you interview with? How long did the session last? Any questions caught off gaurd? I read the interview day schedule and it didn't mention anything about group interviews..were there any? I am really exciting to be interviewing and nervous at the same time! Orlando is one of my top choices and I hope to rock the interview! Congrats to all who have been accepted! Please feel free to share your thoughts about the interview day! =)

Hi everyone,

Getting a little nervous as the interview date is getting nearer. Can never be too prepared! For those who have been accepted, how many individual staff memebers did you interview with? How long did the session last? Any questions caught off gaurd? I read the interview day schedule and it didn't mention anything about group interviews..were there any? I am really exciting to be interviewing and nervous at the same time! Orlando is one of my top choices and I hope to rock the interview! Congrats to all who have been accepted! Please feel free to share your thoughts about the interview day! =)

Congrats again on your interview! 

How long did the session last? ~ 3 hrs

Any questions caught off guard? Not really, just make sure you put in plenty of practice before the big day

Group interview? No, but there is a little meet and greet breakfast as well as a student-led tour.

Good luck! :)  

For those of you with upcoming interviews with questions about what to expect:

You will have 3 interviews with 2 faculty members per interview that last 10 minutes each. The questions you will get have to do with your academics, experience, and then scenario type things.

There is no group interview.

The essay is 15 minutes long (nothing to prepare for).

Everyone is really nice and they will make you all feel very welcome.

Good luck to you guys!!

Does anyone know how many applicants there have been and how many are accepted to the interview portion?

I applied late in the game and just got the phone call today verifying that all my paperwork is in. Is it too late?

The odds against getting accepted seem enormous, but I would still like to know what they are!

Does anyone know how many applicants there have been and how many are accepted to the interview portion?

I applied late in the game and just got the phone call today verifying that all my paperwork is in. Is it too late?

The odds against getting accepted seem enormous, but I would still like to know what they are!

According to their website, they typically receive 1000+ applicants as do many other schools. So far, the majority of seats have not been filled so you are definitely not too late. Although your chances may not be as good as someone who applied earlier, I don't see why would not have a legitimate chance at getting in if your stats are on point with what they are looking for. It can be a long process so hang in there! Best of luck to you! :)

Do you think it's too late to apply to this campus?

I am not sure but the PA I shadowed said she submitted her application to Nova on the last day of the application cycle in the winter and she got waitlisted but then accepted. So it definitely is possible to get in! Have you applied to any other schools? 

Hi everyone! I'm a Florida resident and have applied.. I have not yet heard anything from Nova! Once you submitted your caspa, and then your supplemental material.. Did you receive any other email or information prior to an interview invitation? Also.. Will there be more interviews to come? Keeping my hopes up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! I'm a Florida resident and have applied.. I have not yet heard anything from Nova! Once you submitted your caspa, and then your supplemental material.. Did you receive any other email or information prior to an interview invitation? Also.. Will there be more interviews to come? Keeping my hopes up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aside from the confirmation email for the supplemental, the only other email you should receive is for an interview less they email you regarding something with your app. There are still many seats left so there will be more interviews to come! Best of luck to you! :) 

Aside from the confirmation email for the supplemental, the only other email you should receive is for an interview less they email you regarding something with your app. There are still many seats left so there will be more interviews to come! Best of luck to you! :) 

Great news! Thank you for sharing! I was wondering how many seats were left (if any). I am still awaiting an email for an interview. Do you know if having in progress pre reqs hinders on interview offers? 

Great news! Thank you for sharing! I was wondering how many seats were left (if any). I am still awaiting an email for an interview. Do you know if having in progress pre reqs hinders on interview offers?

According to our FB group there is about 20 something students maybe more so I would say it's at least 1/3 of the way full. In progress pre reqs may or may not hinder your opportunity to receive an interview. It really varies on a case by case basis in my opinion but it's hard to tell.

Any idea how many are on wait list or if/when people start to get pulled?

When I was waitlisted, they gave me a general idea of where I was on the list.  People generally get pulled more frequently as interviews occur at other schools, since some accepted students leave for other programs.  That drops off in the spring and the class becomes more solidified but applicants still get pulled from the waitlist as accepted students leave the program.  I got accepted from the waitlist on April 1st.

Archived