Application cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They continue to send interview invites out from what I understand... When picking interview date it was open through December to choose from. I turned in my applications to three campuses same day and got notifications from two so far and invite from one. It's an unpredictable process.

Hey everyone!

Has anyone had a difficult time sending in GRE scores?  I sent mine out in the beginning of July and they said they cannot find them in the system.  I called ets and they said they were sent and gave me a batch number.  I think that is all they are waiting on for me, as I have not heard anything from them.. I applied to the Ft. Myers campus.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Has anyone had a difficult time sending in GRE scores?  I sent mine out in the beginning of July and they said they cannot find them in the system.  I called ets and they said they were sent and gave me a batch number.  I think that is all they are waiting on for me, as I have not heard anything from them.. I applied to the Ft. Myers campus.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

I had that problem with another school and just emailed the admissions office with the batch number and they should be able to find. It is done electronically (heaven knows why they need $27 for an electronic transfer of the GRE scores other than to rip us off) so it should be in the system somewhere. If the score was sent to CASPA then you will want to email them with the batch number. 

Hey guys! I just got an invite today! They called me this morning to interview Friday. Talk about short notice! Last cycle they emailed me rather than called.

Anyway I have a question about wardrobe. Suits are expensive and I don't think I can afford one right now. I have a nice blouse, slacks, and a blazer I can wear. Is that sufficient or should I just get a women's suit before Friday? I'm not familiar with suits because I've never worn or purchased one before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! I just got an invite today! They called me this morning to interview Friday. Talk about short notice! Last cycle they emailed me rather than called.

Anyway I have a question about wardrobe. Suits are expensive and I don't think I can afford one right now. I have a nice blouse, slacks, and a blazer I can wear. Is that sufficient or should I just get a women's suit before Friday? I'm not familiar with suits because I've never worn or purchased one before!

Go to Macy's or similar store and buy a conservative suit. Everyone wore one to our interviews. This is a relatively minor expense when it comes to the cost of PA school. Don't regret your wardrobe.

Go to Macy's or similar store and buy a conservative suit. Everyone wore one to our interviews. This is a relatively minor expense when it comes to the cost of PA school. Don't regret your wardrobe.

Alternatively, EVERYONE wears a suit.  Yes, dress professionally, but don't be afraid to have a little personality.  I did the whole suit thing and the people I remember are the ones that didn't blend into the sea of black and I wish I had the guts to be original.  

Places like the Limited and Express and good options for suits as well - and they are always having some sort of sale.  If you go the suit route, branch out from black.

I think the outfit you described is fine for a PA interview (blouse, slacks, blazer)! That sounds pretty similar to what I wore last year to my interviews, and I was accepted to all Nova campuses. Yes, most people wear suits, but not wearing a suit isn't going to end your interview before it starts. With that being said, botched 1st impressions are difficult to remedy, and appearance definitely plays a huge role. So whatever you decide, make sure you look sharp! (my two cents anyways :)

I think as long as you look professional, you're good.

I got into Barry early in the first round wearing slacks, a blouse and a blazer (borrowed, at that).  I did grab the blazer to turn my slacks into a suit this weekend as Banana Republic was having a killer sale.

That being said, watch for details. I was shocked at how many women wore open toed shoes to my last interview--in business, that's a huge faux pas-especially if your campus tour will include labs.  Ditto on oversized jewelry.

Good luck!

Archived