Application cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if there are still interviews? I was under the impression there was, and that the spots weren't full. If that's the case, can you explain how people are "wait listed" before the class spots are all full? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are definitely still more interviews left this semester, but I'm not sure about next semester.  Last year I interviewed at the end of January.    People are put on the waitlist before the class is full, but I'm not sure how many... it's probably not a specific number.

They put people in three groups: Admit, wait list, or reject.

Depending on how many they admit and how many accept those spots, determines how many come off the wait list. It can be few or many and varies from year to year.

At this point they only have scheduled dates through December at this point, but may have some next semester, and I would not be surprised to see dates at the beginning of 2016.

People have gotten off the wait list up to and including the first day of class!

Thank you for the info!  I interviewed in October and am anxiously waiting to hear any good news to get pulled from the alternate list. This is my number one program so fingers crossed!

When I was waitlisted, they gave me a general idea of where I was on the list.  People generally get pulled more frequently as interviews occur at other schools, since some accepted students leave for other programs.  That drops off in the spring and the class becomes more solidified but applicants still get pulled from the waitlist as accepted students leave the program.  I got accepted from the waitlist on April 1st.

Hey guys! I just got an invite today! They called me this morning to interview Friday. Talk about short notice! Last cycle they emailed me rather than called.

Anyway I have a question about wardrobe. Suits are expensive and I don't think I can afford one right now. I have a nice blouse, slacks, and a blazer I can wear. Is that sufficient or should I just get a women's suit before Friday? I'm not familiar with suits because I've never worn or purchased one before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question are you local?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have one more question, does anyone know the rest of the interview dates? Specifically the December dates.Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As far as I know, Sarah is new this year and I guess Paula is no longer there. I don't think there are any other December dates. Only January!

I know Paula was still there in June so she had to have left sometime in August. Are there no December interviews at all or are they just full? I just want to know the dates if there are December interviews? Also, do you know the dates for the January interviews?

So I am excited to say I am back in the race. I had emailed Pauline a long time ago (June) with grade updates however, that email was never received and my application was placed aside. Since then when I read that there was a new person at Nova I immediately emailed her and sure enough they had never received anything. My app has now been updated and is being reviewed. It is not a guarantee but at least I know my app is being looked at now :) Thank you guys for posting that info about Sarah! If it wasn't for you my app would have still been in the trash :)

So I had an interview today at 830 am and they called me at 230pm accepting into the program!!!! I finally did it guys!!!!!

That is awesome! I've never spoken to you, but from seeing your previous postings on this forum I am really excited for you. Your persistence finally paid off:)

That is awesome! I've never spoken to you, but from seeing your previous postings on this forum I am really excited for you. Your persistence finally paid off:)

It took me 4 years! I haven't seen anyone from my interview on this forum so I don't know who else got accepted. I am kind of bummed because our group was awesome!

Jdizzl11 did you retake preRequsites, GRE, gain more Health care hours? Also a big congrats!

This is my 4th year applying and I finally got in so thank you! I did all of that. I retook the GRE last year and improved my score by 13 points. I started working as an EMT at Winnie Palmer Hospital on the women's high risk unit. They don't just look at the fact that you have experience they also look at what type of experience. All my patients are septic and are in a critical care situation. I also obtained a years worth of graduate level courses. I am currently enrolled in USF'S Masters in Medical Science program. So yes keep applying and keep improving!!

Archived