Application cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the class almost full? I haven't heard back since I got the email that everything was completed. 

There have only been 2 sets of interviews! So the class is definitely not even close to being full. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I know your start date is far off, but one of you who knows you definitely want to attend NOVA Orlando should make a Facebook group for your class :)

Hi everyone,

I am excited to announce that I will be interviewing at the Orlando campus on Tuesday Nov. 17 at 8:30 am. I will also be interviewing at the Fort Myers campus Friday Nov. 20. I would like to congratulate all who have been recently accepted! I am nervous about the interview process. I read through the forum and thanks for providing feedback on the admissions process. I did have one question though. I know there will be a short essay compononent. How is that? How much time do you get to prepare and write up? Hand-written or typed? Also, how are the questions like? Any suggestful tips to prepare for that portion?

Thanks for reading! Best of luck to everyone!

Hi everyone,

I am excited to announce that I will be interviewing at the Orlando campus on Tuesday Nov. 17 at 8:30 am. I will also be interviewing at the Fort Myers campus Friday Nov. 20. I would like to congratulate all who have been recently accepted! I am nervous about the interview process. I read through the forum and thanks for providing feedback on the admissions process. I did have one question though. I know there will be a short essay compononent. How is that? How much time do you get to prepare and write up? Hand-written or typed? Also, how are the questions like? Any suggestful tips to prepare for that portion?

Thanks for reading! Best of luck to everyone!

The essays are not stressful at all so don't sweat it. The one for Nova Orlando was only 15 minutes and the prompt was really straight forward. They are handwritten not typed, and I don't believe they expect you to write a lot given the short time frame. It's a chance for them to get a sample of your writing while also acquiring a better understanding of you.

Nova received my app on August 4th, and they actually called me on September 21st for an interview the 25th. Usually they email you way sooner than that. So it IS possible to get a call for an interview, but I do believe it's unusual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone,

My supplemental was submitted to NOVA on June 12th. I am completing two outstanding prerequisites this Fall and will complete my last one in the Spring (Orgo). I’m feeling discouraged considering I applied so early and have not heard anything. Does NOVA send any correspondence to students who are not extended an interview? If so, does this happen once interviews are over or when admissions reviews the application and decides not to extend the interview? How have some students heard that their application is on hold/school is waiting for grades?

Since I’m on a roll with asking so many questions…. I see that Human Genetics is required for Orlando and Ft. Myers campuses next year- anyone familiar with the course title/numbers they will accept for that. USF’s “Human Genetics” course requires another genetic prerequisite- Just wondering if there’s an appropriate genetics course they will accept that doesn’t require taking an additional class beforehand. Of course I will check with the University, but thought I would ask here too.

Thanks in advance for any feedback/advice and congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!

They look more favorably at applicants that have completed all their pre-requisites as its less of a unknown risk.

That's not to say that you don't have a chance, but you will probably hear in the next month or two. That said, I've known people who have heard way later. It's rolling admission, so they might have you in a maybe pile. Who knows. Keep working at making your application as great as you can. :)

Hi Everyone,

My supplemental was submitted to NOVA on June 12th. I am completing two outstanding prerequisites this Fall and will complete my last one in the Spring (Orgo). I’m feeling discouraged considering I applied so early and have not heard anything. Does NOVA send any correspondence to students who are not extended an interview? If so, does this happen once interviews are over or when admissions reviews the application and decides not to extend the interview? How have some students heard that their application is on hold/school is waiting for grades?

Since I’m on a roll with asking so many questions…. I see that Human Genetics is required for Orlando and Ft. Myers campuses next year- anyone familiar with the course title/numbers they will accept for that. USF’s “Human Genetics” course requires another genetic prerequisite- Just wondering if there’s an appropriate genetics course they will accept that doesn’t require taking an additional class beforehand. Of course I will check with the University, but thought I would ask here too.

Thanks in advance for any feedback/advice and congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!

Alexis1021,

I have one outstanding pre req this semester and one next. I was verified 08/10 and supplemental received and complete within the following week and was extended an interview offer 08/21ish. I took a genetics class at USF in 2009 that was just general genetics, I can look up and message you specifics later. I would say don't get discouraged because the process is very unpredictable and you will drive yourself mad reading these forums. Yes they look more favorable with pre reqs complete but they take other upper level degrees, medical experience, etc into consideration as well.

Archived