2015-2016 Application Cycle

I'm also an alternate. I'm not sure if they have finalized all the acceptances yet. Hopefully they will have a few spots open up before too long.

I called yesterday and was told that all acceptances have been given out already and that the applicant accepted offers have been pretty steady. Keeping fingers crossed for all the fellow alternates out there!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got the call and e-mail that I have been accepted from off the alternate list! I almost fainted. This is my third time to apply to PA school so please do not give up hope if you have not been accepted yet. I promised myself that the first thing I would do once accepted is e-mail the Pre-PA society that I co-founded at my alma mater to do a quick talk of advice and encouragement because boy, have I been on a journey to get here. Please do not give up if this is your ultimate dream, it will happen some way or another. They do come true :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Great question, but might be more appropriate for the General PA discussion board. There have been students in many programs who have remediated for a variety of life issues. This is very program specific. We have had students remediate because of family tragedies and illnesses, but my response can only speak to our program. Whether we have admitted students from other programs because they were unable to complete coursework - in regard to a personal issue - I do not know. The best advice would be to post in the General PA discussion or call UTHSCSA.

Great question, but might be more appropriate for the General PA discussion board. There have been students in many programs who have remediated for a variety of life issues. This is very program specific. We have had students remediate because of family tragedies and illnesses, but my response can only speak to our program. Whether we have admitted students from other programs because they were unable to complete coursework - in regard to a personal issue - I do not know. The best advice would be to post in the General PA discussion or call UTHSCSA.

Thank you for your reply and information! I posted to the general discussion now so I'll see what they say :)

Archived