I'm considering applying to the PA program at Western. Does anyone know if their program has a medical spanish component, and if so, for how long? I looked on the website and couldn't seem to find it.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shameless University of Colorado plug... CU Does, it's a year long and is creditless (so it doesn't cost any more $) additionally you can do rotations in a Spanish speaking country (without being in the global track) and if you choose to they include a 1/2or3 week Spanish course (based your fluency in Spanish) in the country where you go for the rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Loma Linda University (where I'm going!) also has a medical spanish course incorporated into the curriculum and has rotations with Spanish immersion, both abroad and locally if you're trying to stay in Southern California.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By nmb123
      I have written my personal statement and mentioned that I am bilingual in English and Spanish. My native language is English, but I have taken 10 years of Spanish courses and would consider myself pretty fluent (I use my Spanish daily with patients in an inpatient setting). Has anyone who has had past interviews, and is bilingual, been given an interview question in their second language? This could just be pre-application anxiety, but I see myself potentially walking into an interview already a nervous disaster and then just totally blowing it if they asked me a question in Spanish that I didn't quite understand. Thanks in advance!
    • By AnnaFooy
      Hi! I have an interview next month and I want to know what people would suggest for me to focus/study on regarding how to interview goes and what questions I should consider! Any help is welcomed and appreciated! Thank you!
    • By hmtpnw
      Hey everyone!
      I just posted an article about receiving my first rejection of the cycle and my first interview invitation. You can read the article here. I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat right now trying to process similar emotions since we're right in the thick of the cycle.
      I am planning to chronicle my experiences throughout the application cycle, so any feedback would be great!
    • By pastudentw
      Selling both Andrew Rodican books, both paperback. "The Ultimate Guide to getting into Physician Assistant School"- 3rd edition. Lightly used/great condition. Only one highlighted section (see photos). "How to Ace the Physician Assistant School Interview"- lightly used. A few highlighted sections, most being pencil. Doesn't interfere with future use of the book. Selling both for $30+shipping to respective area. Books sell for full price for about $30 each on Amazon for new. I would like to sell both at once versus splitting the set.
      I have them listed on the Facebook marketplace (see link below). You can message me there or here on the forum.
      https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/216156642374526/
    • By TheHopeful
      Hi everyone!

Would those of you who have completed MMI style interviews please share your experience?
      Any advice or preparation recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I have been watching YouTube videos of scenarios and have, of course, printed off a long list of MMI examples and have been practicing with those!

Thank you!!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More