EMEDPA

Don't do this new grads!

28 posts in this topic

They give time off and pay for CME for physicians at my station. Granted, we are a FM residency. I didn't ask because they sent me to other military courses for combat casualty and infectious disease that gave CME.

Maybe this is branch-specific or even base-specific. I hear that the Navy has much better retention of their providers than the Air Force and this may be one of the reasons.

Maybe this is branch-specific or even base-specific. I hear that the Navy has much better retention of their providers than the Air Force and this may be one of the reasons.

Ha! I assure you we have a pretty abysmal retention rate as well. None of the people my age/rank that I know are staying in. Only ones I know staying were the prior corpsmen, who have a much greater financial incentive to stay just a few more tours.

Ha! I assure you we have a pretty abysmal retention rate as well. None of the people my age/rank that I know are staying in. Only ones I know staying were the prior corpsmen, who have a much greater financial incentive to stay just a few more tours.

Same.

Hell, I'm out now....and I don't regret that decision at all.