2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all! I am wondering if anyone has an interview scheduled in Janurary? Or if anyone knows how late they interview? I'm scheduled to interview on 11/10 however would like to push my interview back if possible and wanted to know when others are interviewing.

Thanks!

Interview was great.  I thought that they did a great job in making it as relaxing of an experience as possible.  I can not speak for every interviewer but for mine, none of the questions that "they" say to prepare for were asked.  It was a an easy back and forth discussion.  I did not feel attacked or defensive at all.  Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview was great.  I thought that they did a great job in making it as relaxing of an experience as possible.  I can not speak for every interviewer but for mine, none of the questions that "they" say to prepare for were asked.  It was a an easy back and forth discussion.  I did not feel attacked or defensive at all.  Overall, it was a good experience.

Thank you, that's really helpful! I'm kinda nervous now though because I have no idea how to prepare lol.

MarieP, I agree with SalmoTrutta.  I wasted too much time and energy being nervous.  Be yourself and honest.  You'll have a one-on-one interview with a faculty member, a group discussion on several ethical situations where the faculty just watches and listens how you respond and interact, a tour of the building and to sit in on a lecture in progress.  At the end, you are paired with student so you can ask them questions on a student-level.    Honestly, it was good.

Just know your personal strengths and weaknesses and your application's strengths and weaknesses. If you can speak well to these topics you should do fine. Remember to get rest and smile!

MarieP, I agree with SalmoTrutta.  I wasted too much time and energy being nervous.  Be yourself and honest.  You'll have a one-on-one interview with a faculty member, a group discussion on several ethical situations where the faculty just watches and listens how you respond and interact, a tour of the building and to sit in on a lecture in progress.  At the end, you are paired with student so you can ask them questions on a student-level.    Honestly, it was good.

Thank you both! This will be my first interview and it's just so easy to overthink everything. I'm very happy to know that I can relax a bit. Best of luck to you  both.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are interviewing on 11/10: has anyone received another email from Ms. Irving about the upcoming interview? In the email she sent me back in August it said she would contact me closer to the date with more information about the interview, but I haven't heard from her yet.

Also, for those who have already interviewed: what hotel did you stay at?

Thanks! Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those interviewing!

Archived