2015-2016 Stony Brook University Application Thread

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too late to apply?

I really don't want to waste any $.

Not to be too cynical but I think SBU only interviews roughly 2.25 times their class size. As some interviews have gone out (most people are lurkers on this site and don't participate) and there are other applications to review your chances are obviously signifigantly lower. That's not to say that it's impossible but if finances are a concern over time / cycle you might find it prudent to submit April of next year. Totally your call though. I would review past years and see when people submitted theirs. I myself submitted last cycle at the end of May.

Just my two cents. Do your own research though and in the end do what's right for you based on your own situtation.

Just received an interview for November 19th! Haven't decided if I want the afternoon or morning slot yet. Good luck to those still applying and those that will be interviewing soon!

On what date was your CASPA application verified? Congrats on your interview offer!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys congratulations to all of those you who are interviewing!!! I am interviewing on Sept. 26 and I was wondering if anyone knows if the interview process has a writing section? I have done multiple interviews were they incorporate a writing section and it is usually what makes me the most nervous. 

Thank you so much your help! :)

Does anyone know if there are any shuttles available that travel from MacArthur airport to any of the hotels near campus? I am trying to figure out the financially best way to travel (coming from Indiana) and am weighing out whether to fly into JFK and take the train or fly into MacArthur and take a shuttle from there to campus. Please let me know if anyone has any advice. I'll be attending the October 20th morning interview and am flying in the night before. Good luck to everyone!

@rigiorda2 if there are flights from Indiana to MacArthur, I would definitely suggest booking one of those as it is going to be your most convenient option. The LIRR can be quite confusing if you are not familiar with it (I, myself, still get confused if I use any branch that I am not familiar with) and you can't exactly count on it to run on time.  As far as hotels, I live about 15 minutes from SBU so I probably won't be of much help there... however, I believe there is a hotel located on/next to campus? Hope this helps!

See you all bright and early October 20th! 

Hello! Congrats for receiving interviews and good luck everyone! I have seen people posting their interview dates, and I will be joining the October 20th afternoon pool.

I was just wondering if anyone was interested in starting a meetup group for those unfamiliar to the campus and such (like me) on the day of earlier/prior to simply calm our nerves/ be more familiar with the campus? 

Also, I'm not sure if I am allowed to ask this of the Sept. 26th pool, but how were the interviews? Does anyone have some hints/tips/advice?

Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting everyone! 

Archived