2015-2016 Stony Brook University Application Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year I submitted CASPA in May, verified in June, received supplemental in July, received an interview invite the day after submitting supplemental (in July), interviewed in October, received acceptance phone call in January. Good luck to all of you this year.

I submitted the application early May and got an email saying I needed to pay for the supplemental june 5th. Check caspa and see if it's there, because that's where it shows up to pay (Weird right?). Submitted supplemental june 8th

Anyways I hope my supplemental was good enough. I did it late at night after work, re-read one of my answers a few days ago and it was pretty iffy lol. I guess I should have waited til the morning before I had submitted...oh well...

I submitted the application early May and got an email saying I needed to pay for the supplemental june 5th. Check caspa and see if it's there, because that's where it shows up to pay (Weird right?). Submitted supplemental june 8th

Anyways I hope my supplemental was good enough. I did it late at night after work, re-read one of my answers a few days ago and it was pretty iffy lol. I guess I should have waited til the morning before I had submitted...oh well...

Thank you so much for telling me that it was on the CASPA page. After reading StonyBrooks PA page it seemed like a link to pay and fill out the supplemental would be emailed to me, not that I would have to go back into my CASPA application.

Yah it's very strange... Nobody tells you if it shows up. Did it show up for you?

Yes it was under CASPA- Program Materials- Stony Brook. I can only assume that because of the brand new CASPA portal that the link has never been located their before this year, but I am very appreciative of your assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

Kiseri when did you submit and verify your application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted mid-May and it got verified about a week after that. And they do send out a verification email stating they received both applications!

Good to know! The last one I received in mid June stated they received my email w/ my supplement and would be in touch. Is that similar to the one you received?

I received the same message when i submitted my supplemental. However, I never received an email saying that they had both my CASPA and supplemental with a complete status.

I never received an email either stating both were received together as most schools have done. Although, I know some schools do not send notifications when both have been received, so I'm not sure. The last one I got was their response to my supplement email.

I never received an email either stating both were received together as most schools have done. Although, I know some schools do not send notifications when both have been received, so I'm not sure. The last one I got was their response to my supplement email.

I contacted the admissions office this morning and they do NOT send out an email saying that they received both CASPA/ suppl. The only email they send out is the one after you've submitted and paid for your supplemental saying "This is to confirm that the program has received your email, and will be in touch!"

I contacted the admissions office this morning and they do NOT send out an email saying that they received both CASPA/ suppl. The only email they send out is the one after you've submitted and paid for your supplemental saying "This is to confirm that the program has received your email, and will be in touch!"

Thank you for checking on that!

Archived