2015-2016 Augsburg College Application Thread

I got an update via email tonight, makes me both optimistic about hopefully getting an interview. Anyone else recieve this.

Thank you for your continued interest in Augsburg College's PA Program! I wanted to reach out to you to update you on our current admission process. Your file has been received by our program and remains active for our consideration. I hope to contact you within the next 2-4 weeks with additional information regarding the status of your application.

Please contact me if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Jackie

I also received that e-mail yesterday. I am really hoping that it means that we will be hearing about interviews in the very near future. Congrats to those who have already been accepted!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I just felt like sharing my thoughts with you guys, I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat. No matter what happens stay positive. I know its so much easier said than done. I Had an interview at another school earlier this fall, we had the opportunity to talk with four of the first year PA students; all but one of them got accepted on their 3rd year of applying!!! They said that the majority of their class all got in on their 3rd attempt. For the record, I did not get an offer at that particular school. But, it has helped me understand that not everyone gets in on their first or even second time applying. We all want to be in this profession for different reasons, if this career is something that you are truly passionate about, do not give up!

For those of you that get in on your first, second, third or even fourth year applying I am very happy for you! you all obviously deserve the opportunity and I wish you nothing but the absolute best of luck! For those of you who are in the same position as myself (playing the waiting game/staying hopeful) even if we don't get in this year, thats ok. Continue to strengthen your resume and control what you are able to. Best of luck to everyone that is still waiting for that email/phone call. Keep your heads up :) 

Hi all - hoping to hear your thoughts...

I applied to Augsburg via CASPA 7/17, and submitted my secondary application 7/27. I realize this is a tad late (still within the deadline), but I'm mostly concerned that I haven't received an e-mail from Augsburg confirming their receipt of my secondary application. Did anyone/everyone receive an e-mail from Augsburg confirming that they had received secondary applications?

I'm hoping, despite my later than usual submission and not receiving any news, that I'm still being considered in the second cohort of applicants.

Any thoughts on this? My worst nightmare is that my application was somehow lost in the mail and never received, even though I put double postage on it.

Hi all - hoping to hear your thoughts...

I applied to Augsburg via CASPA 7/17, and submitted my secondary application 7/27. I realize this is a tad late (still within the deadline), but I'm mostly concerned that I haven't received an e-mail from Augsburg confirming their receipt of my secondary application. Did anyone/everyone receive an e-mail from Augsburg confirming that they had received secondary applications?

I'm hoping, despite my later than usual submission and not receiving any news, that I'm still being considered in the second cohort of applicants.

Any thoughts on this? My worst nightmare is that my application was somehow lost in the mail and never received, even though I put double postage on it.

I believe I submitted my application right around the same time around you! I didn't receive an email from Augsburg about my application being received. However, I did receive an update stating that my application is under review. I wouldn't worry too much. They're probably swamped with so many applications, coupled with the fact that they have a new interim director and old director reviewing applications--it may get a bit inconsistent with who receives email updates and who doesn't. Just a thought...

I just got an offer for a phone interview next week!!! I can't tell you what a relief this is, I was so worried that I would have to wait another month. Now since this is an entirely different format for interviews than what I'm used to, as the majority of programs do things in person. For those of you who have interviewed with Augsburg or have been accepted to the program, what do you recommend for a 30 min interview? What were some challenging questions that were asked of you? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

To those of you who have been accepted, I wish all of you the success that you're entitled to. And to those still waiting to hear back, never give up hope and persevere as much as possible to achieve your dreams, the journey can lead to so many opportunities!

I received an email from the program coordinator yesterday around 7pm about my invitation to interview. My interview time is this Thursday, November 5, at 10:20am. I received an application update on October 20th saying that they would get back to me in 2-4 weeks. You still have time! Good luck to you as well!

I received an email from the program coordinator yesterday around 7pm about my invitation to interview. My interview time is this Thursday, November 5, at 10:20am. I received an application update on October 20th saying that they would get back to me in 2-4 weeks. You still have time! Good luck to you as well!

Can u message me and tell me ur stats so I know if I'm even close to what they are looking for?

I had an interview in October, I felt it went really well. That said, I have not received that elusive acceptance yet. Do any of you think it wise to contact someone to inquire about my status, etc.? Or is that a big no-no? I am trying to plan for a rejection (taking courses, improving my resume, etcetera.) just in case.

@ eeb

I believe with Augsburg, if you are not accepted in the same month that you interview, you are added to the list of those being considered with the next round of interviews. I think that being patient and not contacting them about your status is the smarter option. I know students from past years said they interviewed in October and weren't accepted until January or some even after that. I think just planning just in case is the smart way to go :) Best wishes to you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived