2015-2016 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is my "neurotic pre-PA" story but figured I would post it in case anyone else wanted to double-check.

Cornell does accept online courses although they strongly recommend in-person courses. (I still have to finish biochem, which I'm taking online, and called yesterday to double-check that online was OK. The person I spoke with wasn't sure which sent me into fits of neuroticism and so I called again today and got it clarified.) 

Hi everyone. I received an email that my CASPA application was received on 7/27/15 but have not heard anything since... I see that people have already gotten interviews or received supplemental applications... Are they still sending out interview invites or is the cycle closed for next year? 

So this is my "neurotic pre-PA" story but figured I would post it in case anyone else wanted to double-check.

Cornell does accept online courses although they strongly recommend in-person courses. (I still have to finish biochem, which I'm taking online, and called yesterday to double-check that online was OK. The person I spoke with wasn't sure which sent me into fits of neuroticism and so I called again today and got it clarified.)

I took microbio and anatomy/ phys online (can't remember if they were pre-reqs here) and they never mentioned anything so I'm sure you're fine.

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted!! Must be a huge relief from the waiting game! I was in the Sept interview group and still no response....Not a good sign:(  I wonder if all acceptance phone calls were already made this Wed/Thursday or if they're spreading it out. Anyone receive a phone call on Friday? 

anyone officially accept?? 

I have!!! Sent in certified mail on Monday. Also, word of advice, maybe email Patricia/Alexis letting them know that your letter back to them is in the mail, with the tracking number (if you mailed certified).

I think I'm going to make a FB group for our class for those who have been accepted and accept their offer, since we literally have 4 months. PM me with your name /fb name on here and I'll add you / send a link!

Congrats to all of you who have received acceptances and interview invites!

We're all really excited to meet you :). Last year, the second years made our Facebook group for us, and we'll be doing the same for you all! We'll also be setting up a buddy system so each of you has a second year buddy for any questions you might have. Just sit tight and wait to hear from us.

Congrats on all of you who have received acceptances and interview invites!

We're all really excited to meet you :). Last year, the second years made our Facebook group for us, and we'll be doing the same for you all! We'll also be setting up a buddy system so each of you has a second year buddy for any questions you might have. Just sit tight and wait to hear from us.

Okay, great! Thanks so much!

I received my secondary November 5th and it's due November 12th but unfortunately was out of state until yesterday (and admittedly I did not scroll down far enough to see that the deadline was the 12th!!). I conjured up a rough draft today so I'll have to overnight it but does anyone know if they simply send out a bunch of secondary applications to everyone just before the deadline? I've read about some schools that send a secondary to everyone to bring in revenue, in which case I'd rather not get my hopes up about the possibility. It seems odd to get a secondary so late, especially since they only accept a snail-mailed copy, but still I'm happy to have received one at all.

Archived