2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe we submit the graduate school app. Since, that is what the school has transitioned to. The application is a bit intimidating. There's a place for document upload, which I'm not sure I should have something to upload and a place for a comment to the school. Nothing has specific instructions and both seem to be optional so, in not sure how to proceed. If I leave them blank will they count against me? Kind of weird

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, my CASPA application was verified on 9/21 but still haven't heard anything from the school yet. Did you guys attach the shadow log form to CASPA application or send it to the school separately? 

From the FAQ on their website, I believe the shadowing just has to be listed in CASPA

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't heard anything from this school.... has anyone else by any chance? 

I looked at some other forums and last year, the first set of interview emails were sent out around December 14th.  So I'm not going to start worrying until around then.  Good luck to everyone! 

• 1 month later...

So in the posts from last year people were mentioning getting an email saying their application was reviewed. Has anyone received a similar email this year? All I received was a confirmation email saying I had paid for the secondary application through UTRGV

Yes. On 9/30 I got an email saying that my application passed the initial review and will be reviewed more to determine if I'll get offered an interview. I haven't heard anything since then though.

Thanks for replying :). I just called and asked about it but they told me they aren't sending out confirmation emails about the application getting reviewed. I just hope I hear back about an interview

By any chance did you ask when they would send out invitations for interview?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

@tinyai92 Yes I did she was a bit vague. She said sometime this month hopefully maybe next month. Lol pretty much same old same old. She seemed to

imply Interviews should start by next month though. But you know they can never be direct in the answer due to all the variables... I'm assuming

Thanks. From previous posts, last year they sent out invitations on Dec 17 so hopefully we will hear from them soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I already got accepted into two PA Programs, declined almost 6 interviews (I applied to ten schools). I am from Ohio but I have always wanted to move to Texas because I do not like the cold associated with the winter season. I see a life after school in Texas, that is why I applied to the program. The program is taking way too long to contact applicants. They might lose out on some really good applicants who are frustrated of this waiting game.

I already got accepted into two PA Programs, declined almost 6 interviews (I applied to ten schools). I am from Ohio but I have always wanted to move to Texas because I do not like the cold associated with the winter season. I see a life after school in Texas, that is why I applied to the program. The program is taking way too long to contact applicants. They might lose out on some really good applicants who are frustrated of this waiting game.

Is this the only school in Texas you applied to? It seems from previous cycles that they always wait until the following year to do interviews. I'm not sure why. However, what a great choice on wanting to move to Texas! It's been in the 70s here with a day or two in the 40s-50s then back to 70s! Definitely nice!

Archived