Class of 2018 Applicants

Guest briellecohen

I received a call earlier today but I was at the dentist so I couldn't talk much, the lady's name was Linda and she asked if I had a minute to talk about my application, so I said that I was at the dentist and she said I could call back and it was just a "courtesy call" about my application. I tried calling back but no answer. I'm wondering if she actually had questions about my application or if she just wanted to let me know they received everything. Was everyone else's phone calls similar to this "courtesy call"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personal info was name, address, phone, dob, and email (I think that's it). You have to pick your interview date from the slots available. 

Courtesy call could be to let you know that they received all of your applications or it could mean that they are missing some items. I'd give her a call back and leave a message that if anything is missing she can call you. 

Guest briellecohen

Hi guys, does anyone know anything about not being qualified for an interview until all of your prereqs are complete?? I was told via email that I would not be considered for an interview until December when my last prereq (a 1 credit Microbio Lab) is complete with a grade. Just wondering because i didnt see this information on the website and being that this is one of my top schools and is a rolling admissions process, I would hate to have to wait until December. Any information is GREATLY appreciated! Congrats to those who have received interviews!

Jacprepa, this is true unfortunately. I am in the same boat as you. I am taking A&P2 and lab this fall and they won't interview until all prereqs are complete. I wish someone told me sooner :(

Interviewing in Ft. Lauderdale on November 2nd!

Congrats! Did you pick that day in November or was that all they had left? No spots in October?

I'm a 1st year here in Ft. Lauderdale

Just a note, I know schedules are tough but if you are invited for an interview it is better to schedule earlier than later b/c by late Nov. the class becomes full and all the seats are offered. Keep in mind that admissions are rolling and of course there will be people that drop their seats also so don't freak out, spots open up throughout the later months as well. 

Jacprepa, this is true unfortunately. I am in the same boat as you. I am taking A&P2 and lab this fall and they won't interview until all prereqs are complete. I wish someone told me sooner :(

Hey guys, don't be too discouraged if you can't interview until your prereqs are completed. I'm a current student here as well, and tnarine is right (sorry if this is repetitive, I posted before I saw their post and now it won't let me delete...). Nova does do rolling admissions, so if its anything like last year, the class will be 'full' by late November/early December. BUT, the good news is they will continue interviewing for an 'accept/hold' list, meaning you are accepted and awaiting a seat to open.

Many accepted students pay the deposit to lock in a seat at Nova early, but will drop their seat later after being accepted to a program that they like better. When that happens, Nova pulls students from the accept/hold list to fill the open seats. Last year, Judy explained to me that they rank each candidate on the accept/hold list, and integrate newly accepted candidates into the list every week or so. They have worked their way pretty far down the list in the past, so don't worry too much if the class is full when you interview. 

Also, since it is ranked, even if you interview later in the cycle, you could be accepted before someone who interviewed and was placed on the list earlier than you. Hopefully that makes sense and gives you a little relief. Good luck everyone!

I wrote a lot for the skills but for what I'm looking for in a program I kinda just listed a few things with a brief explanation as to why, I didn't really write it in essay form. I wish I had though!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I'm a current first year student at Nova Ft. Lauderdale. First, remember you're all great! Second, I personally did not write very much for the supplemental questions. Both prompts I was able to answer within one page. Third, I was wondering if that requirement for one semeter hour of Medical Terminology is a new addition? I have not looked at the requirement page in one year, so it's completely new to me, but am wondering if it's been listed on there for a while? I'm trying to help fellow friends apply. Any help you guys can give would be fabulous and if you have any questions or need advice just message me I'm happy to help!

Hi all! I'm a current first year student at Nova Ft. Lauderdale. First, remember you're all great! Second, I personally did not write very much for the supplemental questions. Both prompts I was able to answer within one page. Third, I was wondering if that requirement for one semeter hour of Medical Terminology is a new addition? I have not looked at the requirement page in one year, so it's completely new to me, but am wondering if it's been listed on there for a while? I'm trying to help fellow friends apply. Any help you guys can give would be fabulous and if you have any questions or need advice just message me I'm happy to help!

I know Medical Terminology is required by all the Nova programs and from my understanding it has been a requirement for some time. Tell your friends to just take it online it is an easy 'A' and a pretty useful class actually. 

Good afternoon everyone, 

I have everything submitted to caspa and I have submitted my application and my supplemental. The only thing I have not sent in are my official GRE scores. I took the test last year and did not do well on it all, I am planning on taking it again at the end of this month. Should I go ahead and submit my previous scores and then send in my new ones whenever I re-take it? I am assuming that even if I have everything submitted except for the GRE score that I will not be looked at since it is not technically completed. Any words of advice would be great.

Thank you

Good afternoon everyone, 

I have everything submitted to caspa and I have submitted my application and my supplemental. The only thing I have not sent in are my official GRE scores. I took the test last year and did not do well on it all, I am planning on taking it again at the end of this month. Should I go ahead and submit my previous scores and then send in my new ones whenever I re-take it? I am assuming that even if I have everything submitted except for the GRE score that I will not be looked at since it is not technically completed. Any words of advice would be great.

Thank you

You have the option of listing the date you plan on taking the GRE so programs know roughly when to expect it. This may be better than listing your previous score if it was really that bad since there is a chance they could just reject you. I would study hard for your next attempt and record the scores on caspa immediately after you take it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a current student at Nova in Ft. Lauderdale. In the past, the interview groups were about 3-8 people. We had a writing prompt (not something you can prepare for, just be honest in what you write, and be able to back up your response in case they refer to it during your interview...they know this is a ROUGH draft, so don't lose sleep over it). Afterwards, I interviewed (by myself) with 3 faculty who were all extremely pleasant. Everyone has a different experience, but most of what I've heard from my classmates is the same. 

The faculty here are great and they are a friendly bunch. At the point of the interview they are seeing if your personality will fit into the class they are building, so try not to be nervous (easier said than done, I know lol). We spoke with the Program Director who told us a bit about the program here and answered any questions. Then, a few current students took us on a tour of the campus and answered questions, and that was it!

Before my interviews I looked over Andrew Rodican's books ("The Ultimate Guide to Getting Into PA School," and "How to Ace The PA School Interview"), and they helped me feel much more confident on interview day, so I would definitely recommend those!

Good luck to all of you!

I'm a current student at Nova in Ft. Lauderdale. In the past, the interview groups were about 3-8 people. We had a writing prompt (not something you can prepare for, just be honest in what you write, and be able to back up your response in case they refer to it during your interview...they know this is a ROUGH draft, so don't lose sleep over it). Afterwards, I interviewed (by myself) with 3 faculty who were all extremely pleasant. Everyone has a different experience, but most of what I've heard from my classmates is the same. 

The faculty here are great and they are a friendly bunch. At the point of the interview they are seeing if your personality will fit into the class they are building, so try not to be nervous (easier said than done, I know lol). We spoke with the Program Director who told us a bit about the program here and answered any questions. Then, a few current students took us on a tour of the campus and answered questions, and that was it!

Before my interviews I looked over Andrew Rodican's books ("The Ultimate Guide to Getting Into PA School," and "How to Ace The PA School Interview"), and they helped me feel much more confident on interview day, so I would definitely recommend those!

Good luck to all of you!

Thank you!!!!!

Hey everyone! I interviewed today and it was a great experience! I honestly can't say anything that isn't positive about nova. The PA students were very informative and helpful to get to know how the program is from the students perspective. The factulty was very welcoming and personalized a lot of the interview. Best of luck to anyone interviewing this cycle!

Archived