• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The forum has been so quiet.  Has anyone else heard back? I'm still waiting!!!!

PA_DREAM I was just wondering when you submitted your application? I haven't heard back yet either but I heard they usually go in order of submission. I submitted in mid-November. I also know a girl currently in the program and she told me that they are interviewing very slowly this year because they are understaffed, so hopefully they haven't filled too many seats yet.

Also just general question for those who are still waiting to hear back, when did you submit? (I'm just curious where they are in terms of application review)

PA_DREAM I was just wondering when you submitted your application? I haven't heard back yet either but I heard they usually go in order of submission. I submitted in mid-November. I also know a girl currently in the program and she told me that they are interviewing very slowly this year because they are understaffed, so hopefully they haven't filled too many seats yet.

Also just general question for those who are still waiting to hear back, when did you submit? (I'm just curious where they are in terms of application review)

I also submitted mid-November.  

I submitted November 14th or 15th thinking the deadline was the 16th.  I looked again after and the deadline had change to Nov 30th.  I interviewed the first week of February. Unfortunately I never heard back.  There were a few candidates being interviewed that day.   

The forum has been so quiet.  Has anyone else heard back? I'm still waiting!!!!

This was my second time applying to DS and I was accepted a week after interviewing. Last year I wasn't even granted an interview, so I just kept taking upper level science courses (Orgo 1 and 2, pathophysiology, biochem, advanced cell bio, genetics, etc.) plus math and physics courses. I continued racking up volunteer hours as well. All this seemed to impress them, so my advice to anyone who doesn't get in this cycle is to keep working to make yourself as competitive as possible.  I realize that's probably not too helpful for this year, but at least you know that perseverance can pay off.  

Good luck everyone!

This was my second time applying to DS and I was accepted a week after interviewing. Last year I wasn't even granted an interview, so I just kept taking upper level science courses (Orgo 1 and 2, pathophysiology, biochem, advanced cell bio, genetics, etc.) plus math and physics courses. I continued racking up volunteer hours as well. All this seemed to impress them, so my advice to anyone who doesn't get in this cycle is to keep working to make yourself as competitive as possible.  I realize that's probably not too helpful for this year, but at least you know that perseverance can pay off.  

Good luck everyone!

Thats awesome congratulations!!!!  When did you interview?

Good luck everyone!

Wow that's a lot of classes in one year!  Great job making yourself more competitive.  Thank you so much for the advice.  

Hello everyone!

Congrats to everyone and good luck to those still waiting.

I'm a reapplicant. Last year I was waitlisted ???? and never called off the list. But because Downstate is my dream school I reapplied this year. I was granted an interview for late January. I'm happy to say I'll be joining the class this year. I wish you all the very best; stay positive!

Feel free to private message me if you have any questions I might be able to answer ????????

Hello everyone!

Congrats to everyone and good luck to those still waiting.

I'm a reapplicant. Last year I was waitlisted and never called off the list. But because Downstate is my dream school I reapplied this year. I was granted an interview for late January. I'm happy to say I'll be joining the class this year. I wish you all the very best; stay positive!

Feel free to private message me if you have any questions I might be able to answer

Hey Simon123, nice to meet you.  I will also be attending Downstate this upcoming June, im so excited and it all still seems so surreal.  My interview was January 27th around 11am.  So far I submitted my deposit and accepted my seat, I also paid for my background check and in the process of submitting all my immunization records. When was your interview?  Did you receive anything in the mail yet?  By the way my name is Christian.

Hey! Congratulations to all who got accepted and best of luck to those still waiting. So I was in the same situation as Simon123, wasn't accepted of the waitlist last year but got accepted this year two weeks after my interview on February 2nd. I will be attending the program in June,looking forward seeing everyone!!

Congratulations to all those that have been accepted! And good luck to all those still waiting to hear back from interviews!

Just wondering if anyone has been interviewed/ been invited to interview the past few weeks? It seems like most of the people who have been posting interviewed in January/early February. I'm still waiting for an invitation to interview and I'm getting a little anxious, so just wondering if anyone has any updates :)

Congratulations to all those that have been accepted! And good luck to all those still waiting to hear back from interviews!

Just wondering if anyone has been interviewed/ been invited to interview the past few weeks? It seems like most of the people who have been posting interviewed in January/early February. I'm still waiting for an invitation to interview and I'm getting a little anxious, so just wondering if anyone has any updates :)

I am still waiting for an invitation as well. Good Luck and keep me posted. Thanks.

Invited for an interview last week. Interviewed yesterday. Still reads "application sent to committee" before and after the interview. My application was completed late in the cycle near the deadline. Good luck to all.

Congrats on the interview.  When did they say you would hear back?

Archived