Hey. I know it's too early to apply to SUNY's PA program. Figured I would get this going for all of us who are planning to apply this year

Let's do this!

• Upvote 3

Hi Pa girl. Do you mind if I ask if this is your second time applying? and if so what was your experience before? I couldn't help but noticed you were on the other thread

Ya so it is my second time. I had a great interview but mine was on the last day and there were no seats left and I got rejected. So i am reapplying but much earlier. Last time I submitted it the day of the deadline this time I plan to submit it way in advance.

@DevushkaPA, Sophie PA program have applied for masters for the 2016 class, but it's NOT official yet at the moment. They are still waiting for the transition and a 'yes' from the state and that's the reason why the application pool is not open yet. I spoke to the assistant in the office today.

@Pagirl, looking at past posts, I believe interviews will be Dec-Jan. Hopefully we will get a notification this month or next about our status.

My application was completed on 8/31, but no emails yet from the program. 

For those that have completed the application, when you preview it, do you see all the different parts of your completed application or just some parts? For some reason, I do not see my essays/PS when I preview it, I just hope it was saved and all. 

Good luck guys :) 

I also spoke to a woman from the program last week and she told me that they are transitioning into a Masters program. Do you think that the applications will have to be submitted through CASPA?

I believe the application that's available is only for those seeking a BA. For those who are seeking admission to the Masters program, what are you doing now while you wait for the school to be approved? Is there another application that needs to be filled out, or should things start being sent?

@tmtpe100, Thanks for the info. I did not know Downstate was in a transition also since there is no info on their site about it. I will call them today (9/18) to ask about the masters application. 

@Pagirl, I was talking about the page where we first applied for the program, where you enter the PIN number the school gave. After you log in, you can see the application status (mine is submitted), and if your recommendation letters have been received. Right on that page you click on "view application" and can go over your entire app. Like I said above, on this page, I only see parts of my application as submitted. I guess when I make that call today, I'll make sure they got everything.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Tllehann
      My name is Tessa and I am currently an MA at a dermatology clinic. I am aspiring to be a PA and will be applying during the next cycle. I have worked along side PAs for about 2 years now in dermatology and have experience working in a level 1 ED. However, I am looking for any PA shadow opportunity in Arizona that is not dermatology as I want to branch out and have an understanding of what PAs do in different fields. I live in Glendale but I am willing to travel anywhere in Arizona.
      If you are a PA or know a PA or any open opportunities feel free to reach out to me on here. 
      Thank you! 

• By magboo
      So I finally got a job at my dream hospital!! I am currently working there as a Patient Care Technician/ PCT. However, I will be leaving for PA school next year. I really want to return to this hospital and work as a PA! The problem is that getting a job at my hospital is super competitive. Is there a way for me to ensure/ increase my chances of getting a PA job in this facility in the future?

(Also, what do you guys think of requesting a absense of leave instead of quitting? Can I be able to come back to the hospital to pursue a higher position?)

Thanks in advance!
    • By Riveroll
      Hello,
      I'm looking for PA shadowing opportunities in Dallas, Texas. I'm a 26-year-old Bachelors of Science in Biology graduate from the University of North Texas at Dallas pursuing a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies. I moved to Dallas when I was 15 years old from Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico and would like to do something with my life and what a beautiful thing to help people who need it most.

Thank you in advance.
    • By Auraam1
      Hello, 
      My name is Aura Amaris and I am currently working at a Neurology clinic as a medical assistant/scribe. I am currently looking for any Physician Assistant shadowing opportunities near Miami, Florida to gain exposure in the healthcare field and implement my knowledge of the different duties/role of a Physician Assistant. 
      I am looking forward to learning as much as possible and grow in my journey towards becoming a Physician Assistant. If you have any questions or know of any shadowing opportunities available please contact me. 
      The best way to reach me is via email at auraamira25@gmail.com or at my cellphone number: 786-763-6674. 
      Thank you, 
      Aura Amaris. 
    • By Lheitman11
      Hello all,
      First time posting here. I am currently a PA-S2 with an expected graduation date of July 2020. I’m unsure about my career after graduating from PA School, and was wondering about any benefits that may come with joining the military after I become certified. Any and all information regarding life/work in specific branches is greatly appreciated as I have no information on the topic as of now.
      Thank you!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More