2015 - 2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if it's true that they don't even look at your application if you don't meet all the minimum GRE scores?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"All applications received are screened in a two-stage process. Stage one, carried out by the PA Program Admissions Office, involves an administrative review of each application to determine if all required documents have been received by the Sept. 1 deadline and that each applicant has fulfilled the course prerequisites and attained the minimum grade point averages and GRE scores. Applications passing the first stage of review are entered to the online Screening Portal and made available for review by members of the PA Program Admissions Committee. Those applications that fail to meet the stated minimums, submit the required documents by the published Sept. 1 deadline, pay the Supplemental Application Fee, or are unable to complete the course prerequisites by end of the spring semester of the year of enrollment are eliminated from further consideration."

According to the site, they don't look any further if you have not met the minimum.

Thanks for letting us know :).  Since you're here, could you perhaps share what made you choose Baylor over other schools?

Hi Patrick!

I'd be happy to answer any questions you all have! My story is a bit more unique than others, so I may not be the best example. I applied to two schools with the idea that I was going to wait one more year. Quite honestly, and as corny as it sounds, the only reason I went this year is because I loved Baylor when I went for my interview. Particularly, these are some of the qualities I liked:

- small classes

- in the TMC

- they match you with rotations

- great resources (including rooms that video record your standardized patient exams so you can watch and learn from previous encounters)

- last but most importantly: I have met some of the best people I know here.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions and my apologies for the delayed responses - I am not the best with technology. Good luck to you all!!!

"All applications received are screened in a two-stage process. Stage one, carried out by the PA Program Admissions Office, involves an administrative review of each application to determine if all required documents have been received by the Sept. 1 deadline and that each applicant has fulfilled the course prerequisites and attained the minimum grade point averages and GRE scores. Applications passing the first stage of review are entered to the online Screening Portal and made available for review by members of the PA Program Admissions Committee. Those applications that fail to meet the stated minimums, submit the required documents by the published Sept. 1 deadline, pay the Supplemental Application Fee, or are unable to complete the course prerequisites by end of the spring semester of the year of enrollment are eliminated from further consideration."

According to the site, they don't look any further if you have not met the minimum.

I wanted to comment on this really quickly while I am here! Yes, they definitely take into consideration numbers like your GPA and GRE scores, but don't be afraid if you are on the lower end. From where I stand, Baylor is amazing at taking in misfit toys. However, if you fall way below the minimum, it could be a good idea to work on your problem area and reapply.

I'll emphasize this again, please feel free to ask questions! Now that we are on break, I will try to respond a bit faster!

I wanted to comment on this really quickly while I am here! Yes, they definitely take into consideration numbers like your GPA and GRE scores, but don't be afraid if you are on the lower end. From where I stand, Baylor is amazing at taking in misfit toys. However, if you fall way below the minimum, it could be a good idea to work on your problem area and reapply.

I'll emphasize this again, please feel free to ask questions! Now that we are on break, I will try to respond a bit faster!

Thank you so much! This really does help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Patrick!

I'd be happy to answer any questions you all have! My story is a bit more unique than others, so I may not be the best example. I applied to two schools with the idea that I was going to wait one more year. Quite honestly, and as corny as it sounds, the only reason I went this year is because I loved Baylor when I went for my interview. Particularly, these are some of the qualities I liked:

- small classes

- in the TMC

- they match you with rotations

- great resources (including rooms that video record your standardized patient exams so you can watch and learn from previous encounters)

- last but most importantly: I have met some of the best people I know here.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions and my apologies for the delayed responses - I am not the best with technology. Good luck to you all!!!

Thanks so much for the response!  Much appreciated.  Really hoping I get a chance to interview there!

Group A! So so excited to get an invitation. I interviewed there last year. For those of you that have asked, the format is a 2 day process. The first day is purely informational with different people going through PowerPoints about the program, financial aid, what they are looking for, etc. That is followed by a meet and greet with students and faculty at the school. The second day is interviews. There are 3 one-on-one interviews with a faculty member or an alum of the program that each last about 30 minutes. I am really excited to be asked back and I hope that helps some people in their preparations! Good luck to everyone!

Archived