Did Hell Just Freeze Over?

jmj, I rejoined 2 years ago (employer paid for it). I wasn't going to renew this year. AAPA seems to me to act like big gov. only acting in THEIR best interest all the while selling the notion they know what's in OUR best interest. My state chapter isn't any better.   

I did vote for dave m. thou. We'll see if he can change anything. I'm contemplating joining PAFT. They seem like the only .org out their that truly acts in the best interests of PA's. SEMPA... maybe..    

Guest Paula

I rejoined AAPA for the sole reason to vote for Dave Mittman.   Now it is time to take off the gloves and get to work everyone.

There was  a presentation about PA autonomy given at the AAPA annual meeting.  It was reported on a daily update I got this morning.  The speaker still did not ask for full autonomy yet but I think the tide is shifting.

http://www.clinicaladvisor.com/aapa-2015-annual-meeting/physician-assistant-full-practice-authority-advocacy/article/416515/

If you can't open the link make an account on clinical advisor. 

I believe he was the only candidate not endorsed by the nominating committee...and the only one I voted for.

I made sure to vote for ONLY dave so that it would not give any votes to anyone else......

I have had a number of conversations on email and a few phone calls with Dave in the past.  He is a mover and shaker and truly understands where PA needs to go in order to succeed.  We need to stand behind him and let AAPA know that he represents US!!

AAPA is changing, and it is through the work of PAFT and some key players like Dave have been instrumental in getting AAPA to wake up and get with the program.  I am very hopeful Dave can get them to see the light (so to speak)

I made sure to vote for ONLY dave so that it would not give any votes to anyone else......

I have had a number of conversations on email and a few phone calls with Dave in the past.  He is a mover and shaker and truly understands where PA needs to go in order to succeed.  We need to stand behind him and let AAPA know that he represents US!!

AAPA is changing, and it is through the work of PAFT and some key players like Dave have been instrumental in getting AAPA to wake up and get with the program.  I am very hopeful Dave can get them to see the light (so to speak)

he is already making his presence felt. we talked at length at aapa in SF this week. good things are coming down the pike....:)

I've known Dave for years and he truly has the best interests of the profession at heart.  He's genuine. He lives and breathes it and is not in it for any self-aggrandizement - only to see the profession get the full measures of respect, autonomy and recognition we deserve.

Archived