2015-2016 Application Cycle

Findingesper , I'm supposed to be interviewing tomorrow too! I called them yesterday to make sure it was still going to happen since the weather didn't look promising but they said as far as they're concerned it's going to happen no matter what so I guess we just have to wait and hope for the best

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the acceptance email, interviewed yesterday morning.

So excited to be a part of this program!!

congratulations! I also interviewed monday, hoping to hear back soon! 

Has anyone heard back for November interview dates? I have not interviewed here and am hoping it is not too late to recieve an invitation.

At the interview earlier this week they told us that it was the last round of interviews they are having. 

I emailed them yesterday because I never received the email saying that my application was under review from the PA department.  I was told that I should have received an email, and to check my junk folder (I probably do this 10 times a day).  I thought for sure I would have at least received an interview.  I am in the healthcare field already, and serve a very high medically underserved population, BS Biology 3.67 GPA, Pharm.D. 3.6 GPA, 152V/156Q GRE, 20,000 hours of HCE, 2 LOR from MD, 1 LOR from PA-C.  Good luck to everyone that interviewed, and remember to check your junk folders!

I emailed them yesterday because I never received the email saying that my application was under review from the PA department.  I was told that I should have received an email, and to check my junk folder (I probably do this 10 times a day).  I thought for sure I would have at least received an interview.  I am in the healthcare field already, and serve a very high medically underserved population, BS Biology 3.67 GPA, Pharm.D. 3.6 GPA, 152V/156Q GRE, 20,000 hours of HCE, 2 LOR from MD, 1 LOR from PA-C.  Good luck to everyone that interviewed, and remember to check your junk folders!

I had the same thing happen to me. I never received the email stating that my application was under review. I thought I would have at least received an interview because I interviewed with them last year and my application was stronger this cycle. I had issues with my CASPA application from the beginning so I think my application got lost. :(

08/21, 09/21, 10/9, 10/19, 10/26

^ interview dates I gathered from this forum. UTMB has 90 spots. Congrats to everyone that got in! However, I can't help but think that something about this entire process isn't right.

@spypharmd - did they email you back stating that was the last round of interviews?

@ghg123...I emailed the lady back, but she never replied.  I had something similar occur when I did my interview at University of Houston for pharmacy school.  I just happened to call UofH one day and they told me they sent me an email a month ago stating I had been invited for an interview the following week.  During the interview we had a group discussion on a topic that was "emailed" the prior month...so just had to wing it.  Got to love this email system they use.

@spypharmd - I had emailed the pa department on Monday to ask about my application status. They said that it was still under review. I called them yesterday to make sure that interviews were done and the lady on the phone agreed. However, I emailed them yesterday also but no response yet. So I don't know what's going on. I feel it's to early to have interviews done

I just don't see how they could be done already...when a I spoke to a professor who reviews apps recently mine hadn't been looked at yet and she assured me they go until December! This was about two weeks ago :/ something seems fishy about it all.

I'm in a similar boat to those above, my stats are well above the typical UTMB accepted student (4.0, 160V 160Q, research and healthcare exp. etc...). Not sure how to improve, but apparently I'll have another year to do so. Ugh

I finally emailed to ask about my application status and got a rejection back, which I assumed was coming. Congrats to those who have been accepted!

I will say that this is my second time applying and I've applied to 8 schools between the two cycles (one school twice). The UTMB application experience has been the most "interesting" (for lack of a better word), in terms of notifications, timing of reviews, etc. I'm going to continue to follow this thread to see how the saga continues--good luck to those still waiting to hear.

To those of you who received rejection emails this morning, did any of you interview with UTMB? This application cycle seems all over the place, I definitely agree. Have a pending offer that I am trying to decide what to do with

I Interviewed about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything so I'm getting really nervous as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived