2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone who got accepted-congrats! I will also be joining in aug 2016! I was wondering if any students out there knew about how health insurance works in PA school... is there a specific insurance DeSales requires? My old insurance is not active in 2016 so I need to switch but just checking if school requires a specific one.

Hi everyone who got accepted-congrats! I will also be joining in aug 2016! I was wondering if any students out there knew about how health insurance works in PA school... is there a specific insurance DeSales requires? My old insurance is not active in 2016 so I need to switch but just checking if school requires a specific one.

When I interviewed on 12/2, Dr. Stuart didn't say it needed to be a specific insurance. He just said that you needed to obtain your own insurance prior to entering.. Hope that helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! I'm a current p1 at DeSales. The first week of school you take a med term exam. The med term material is considered summer reading. I have the book "the language of medicine" you have to buy. If anyone wants it, I'll give it away for free if you pay for shipping. Message me.

Also, if you have any questions about the program I'd love to help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if the class has been finalized yet? I was recently told of my position on the waitlist and was wondering how far along in the finalization process they are

When I received my acceptance packet a few weeks back, the letter said the class is presently set. Who knows, some one might change their mind last minute and not go to Desales.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! I’m a current P1 student. I wrote a short ebook over how to prepare for PA school. I had no idea what to buy or what to study after being accepted to PA school. It is available on the Kindle app. It is called How to Prepare for Physician Assistant School. 8 Pieces of Advice from a Student by Lydia Seibert

https://www.amazon.com/Physician-Assistant-Prepare-School-Student-ebook/dp/B01FVL2P50?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure if anyone is still monitoring this thread. I'm about to submit but it's mid-August and I know some interviews are already scheduled. Did anyone have luck applying this late in the cycle?

I submitted mine the exact time, got an interview and an acceptance, so you are not too late! Good luck!

Archived