2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got the interview invite today for October 17 at 11am. All i know about the interview is it is a group interview. Does anyone know anything else about it?

I heard from a student who interviewed last year that approx 75 students attend the interview and that some interview with faculty and others with alumni. He said it was very casual and laid back. He mentioned that they do a tour, Q & A session, financial aid talk and also a PBL exercise.

I heard from a student who interviewed last year that approx 75 students attend the interview and that some interview with faculty and others with alumni. He said it was very casual and laid back. He mentioned that they do a tour, Q & A session, financial aid talk and also a PBL exercise.

Thanks!! Hopefully it goes smoothly!

Congratulations to everyone who received an interview invitation! Looking forward to meeting you all October 17th. I received my invitation yesterday. I've never heard of an interview starting at 7 am, so I sure hope there's going to be a lot of coffee.

I will be flying into the area on Oct.16th and interviewing on the 17th. It would be great to get to know some fellow applicants and meet some current PA students before the interview. If anyone is interested in getting coffee or grabbing a bite to eat on the 16th, please let me know!

Do PA's in pittsburgh make crap? I currently live in FL and I would not accept a job under $93,000. I wanted to move to pittsburgh but the job offerings look like crap. Pas make like 85-87k? Is this true, I looked at UPMC and they have a crappy symptoms where it like senior or mid level and offering PA's like 42 an hour. Does anyone know what PA's in pittsburgh make? I really wanted to move to pittsburgh I love the city but if this is true, i will stay in FL or maybe move to chicago 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I heard someone say two weeks, and then one of the other girls there told me before Thanksgiving, so unless anyone else heard anything different, I think it may take a while! If you skim last year's thread as well, it seemed like it took about a month to hear anything. We're in for a long wait!

Hey ya'll! I have an interview on December 5th! Im so excited! Would appreciate any tips! 

It's a very laid back interview. They make you feel very relaxed right at the beginning, which was awesome.

You start with a survey, then you go into a large room and everyone has fifteen minutes to do a writing prompt. After this, they give you a brief "orientation" and overview of the program. Then they give you a chance to ask questions (this takes about an hour/hour and a half). Then they split you up into groups of 6. You either go to practice Problem Based Learning session, the interview, or a tour of the facility.

Before the interview they break the group of 6 into two groups of 3. You interview with three people (either instructors, past students, or some other faculty). They asked me 6 questions and we went down the line answering them. The interview was very laid back and the questions were straight forward. If you have any medical experience, you should have plenty to talk about!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Archived