2015-2016 Cycle

Deadline has passed, now it is *officially* time to wait. Anyone want to chat to pass the time? 

This is my first cycle applying, so this dreadful wait is new to me. Have you applied previous cycles? Applied to any other schools this year? Had any interviews anywhere before? I'd love to hear about your experiences!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!

I am a second time applicant, although I applied so late last cycle that all of my rejections came within a few weeks. It was a hard pill to swallow, but April rolled around so swiftly I didn't stay down for long.

I was accepted to a school on the east coast already, but I really want to interview at Pacific to meet the faculty/current students and tour the facilities.

I feel like I might be one of the only applicants excited that Pacific makes you travel during the clinical phase because there aren't enough sites. I have family/friends all over the country and I'd love to rotate at my doc's office in NYC (if the program permits.)

I absolutely love this forum and was surprised at how many applicants at my interview last month don't know about this valuable resource.

Anyways, cheers to all!

Hi all!

I am a second time applicant, although I applied so late last cycle that all of my rejections came within a few weeks. It was a hard pill to swallow, but April rolled around so swiftly I didn't stay down for long.

I was accepted to a school on the east coast already, but I really want to interview at Pacific to meet the faculty/current students and tour the facilities.

I feel like I might be one of the only applicants excited that Pacific makes you travel during the clinical phase because there aren't enough sites. I have family/friends all over the country and I'd love to rotate at my doc's office in NYC (if the program permits.)

I absolutely love this forum and was surprised at how many applicants at my interview last month don't know about this valuable resource.

Anyways, cheers to all!

You're not alone, fellow traveler! I would love the opportunity to go on rotations all over the place. I see a lot of opportunity in that aspect of the program.

Hi all!

Anyways, cheers to all!

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance! That's got to be a huge relief... how exciting. What school is it? How did the interview go? What kind of questions were you asked?

Hi Tbourdon,

The morning of my interview was especially nerve-wracking. I wasn't so much as nervous about the interviews, but I really wanted to make a good impression and be someone that the committee would like.

I was really surprised that I wasn't really asked many PA-related question. I can remember being asked "Describe a time when you felt the need to lie?" I was also asked a situational question, "What would you do if you believed that the doctor is prescribing the wrong meds?"

My advice is to answer honestly, be yourself (cliche but very helpful), be vulnerable, and converse with every single person you meet interview day! Also, don't be afraid to say you don't know something!

I watched every single video by ThePACoach on YouTube to prepare for the interview, and I really recommend this resource. I also watched old speeches by President Obama - because he is arguably the best orator to ever speak (politics aside).

Do whatever you need to prep for the interview!

Ha, ha...thanks for all the input...just looking for a little glimmer of hope during the waiting game :) 

I also wish everyone good luck (although hard work got you here, not luck)...applying to PA School had definetly been one of the toughest things I've ever done!

meg45167

Don't worry future colleague, we will all get there :D Keep your head up!

Archived