2015-2016 Application Cycle

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I received the message below on June 18th, but still haven't received another email.  The wait is torture!

----------------------------------------

Your application will be reviewed by two members of the Admissions Committee to determine whether or not to call you for an interview.  After this review I will let you know the status of your application.  Please allow *at least three weeks* for this review process.  Reviews at this point in the process may take longer due to faculty vacations.  Your patience is appreciated.
The program will interview applicants the second week of November through the end of February.  In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

-------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the email asking me to apply to the graduate school and send all of my transcripts and GRE scores etc. Oddly they said they didn't receive my GRE from CASPA, but it's on the application. I thought I sent it to them separately but I'll have to check.

If I remember correctly, Idaho State doesn't accept GRE scores from CASPA and needs them sent directly to the program. 

If I remember correctly, Idaho State doesn't accept GRE scores from CASPA and needs them sent directly to the program. 

Whoops I phrased that badly, I did send GRE direct to them using their school/dept code, I was just surprised they didn't have it yet since it was sent in June. I asked admissions if I need to resend, they said to hold off for now and see we where we are middle of this week.

I just got off the phone with the admissions director.  She said the admissions selection committee haven't even had a chance to begin reviewing applications due to vacation schedules.  She said it will be at least another 3 weeks before anyone hears whether they are selected for an interview or not.  She said she will probably send an email out to all the applicants letting them know about the delay.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only word I've had was an email a couple of weeks ago apologizing for the delay and saying my file is still under review. Hopefully we'll hear something soon :)

@PA.Med, there's a thread in the pre-PA forums that lists applicant stats for those not yet accepted, you can see who's applied where and their stats for this cycle if they've chosen to post them.

I just received an email stating that I am being offered an interview. They stated that interviews will likely begin in early November and a program member would be callling me to schedule a time. Anyone else have an offer? Also, I live in the Meridian area and would be happy to recommend hotels and meet up with anyone coming to interview! Good luck everyone!

The Howard Johnson (Boise Airport) is nice, reasonably priced, and probably about a 15-20 minute drive to the Meridian campus. Be advised, there will be road construction on I84 until the end of November which increases commute time a little, but its generally not too bad. Let me know when you will be in town and best of luck to you! My name is Andrew by the way :)

I don't think there is a minimum GRE - it's all based on your file score.

I did receive that email a little while after I had submitted my grad school application and they had received my transcripts. It said they will be initially reviewing those with 4.90 or higher and is calculated by adding your prerequisite GPA, verbal %/100, and quantitative %/100.

Good luck!

Archived