MEDEX 2015-2016 Application Cycle

I interviewed for Seattle class end of Oct. I believe the site had already had at least one interview in Sept. prior to the interview conference I was invited to. Don't count yourself out if you're not from the WWAMI region if MEDEX is a good fit for you!

Hi y'all! First off, I must say this is probably the BEST forum and to all the PA students on this thread, much oblige. I am from Houston, but I must say MEDEX is probably my top choice of school. This is my first year applying to MEDEX Program specifically and I'm still waiting on a hopefully interview invitation. I'm not from the WWAMI Region and was wondering what the stats were for out-of-state interview/acceptance. Also, does anyone know when the MEDEX will start sending out interview invitations?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed for Seattle class end of Oct. I believe the site had already had at least one interview in Sept. prior to the interview conference I was invited to. Don't count yourself out if you're not from the WWAMI region if MEDEX is a good fit for you!

Thanks so much for the input. This keeps me really hopeful. How did you best prepare for you interview? I have been to Seattle times (love every bit) and the website has tons of informations. However, I want to have something more about MEDEX? Whats your favorite part about the MEDEX program so far?

Thanks so much for the input. This keeps me really hopeful. How did you best prepare for you interview? I have been to Seattle times (love every bit) and the website has tons of informations. However, I want to have something more about MEDEX? Whats your favorite part about the MEDEX program so far?

Here are a few of my favorite things: I like the collaborative atmosphere. I like the focus on primary care, and on serving the under served. MEDEX is a long standing, well respected program. And my adviser is awesome!

Here are a few of my favorite things: I like the collaborative atmosphere. I like the focus on primary care, and on serving the under served. MEDEX is a long standing, well respected program. And my adviser is awesome!

You should look into the Foot Clinc that was started by Tacoma class 1. I still haven't been able to make it to one, but I support it by digging up some donations. It is a great opportunity to get involved and serve the underserved. :-)

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, so first off, wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading it. Big Thank You to all current and prospective students for the positive attitude, encouraging words, and the truly amazing spirit. The atmosphere you created here is incredible and it makes a world of difference for other prospective students such as myself.

With that, I wanted to say that looks like the first set of interview invitations for September 29th is being sent out today, so check your emails :) Hope everyone gets some great news soon!

Beyond stoked (and a tad nervous) to be interviewing on Sept 29th!! If anyone wants to meet up before hand, let me know.

Count me in! My plane does not arrive till around 1400 the day before, but I would love to get together sometime that evening :) Really looking forward to meeting everyone!

And jlynneg,

Thank you for your warm wishes! Wishing you and other Tacoma candidates all the best as well!

Hi everyone!  I was also offered an interview for this year!  Last year a group of us met up at a restaurant the night before the interview.  It was an awesome way to feel like I had some friendly faces in the larger group the next day.  I think it also helped my nerves since I was staying the night in a hotel all alone.  :)    I can't remember the name of the restaurant.   Can anyone from Seattle recommend a place to meet for dinner the night before?  What time works best for everyone interested?  I'm thinking 5pm?

April~~

Resurfacing from an awesome summer adventure, and heading into clinical year. 

I, like jlumsden, am a second-year PA student, and I'm so excited for those of you who are applying this year. 

If anybody has any questions, my email inbox is always open. :) You're not bothering me, and I'm happy to answer questions, provide support, etc. 

Congratulations if you've received an interview invite, and DEFINITELY do not give up hope if you haven't. MEDEX interview season stretches all the way to February, and they have their own unique way of putting out invites. :) 

The individuals on this forum are so awesome! I have been looking for info about MEDEX for a while, and this is my favorite. For the people that are currently students and those of you that have received interview invites, what are your clinical experiences? Did you do much volunteering or PA shadowing? Are any of you RNs? Did you take all the recommended classes such as biochem? I am planning on taking my GRE next year and want to know how to make myself a better applicant. Thank you! :)

kkim513 ---   I've been offered 2 interviews with Medex.  No biochem.  23 years as a paramedic.  Only 24 hours of shadowing.  Everyone I met at last year's interview had vastly different backgrounds and stats, so there isn't really a formula.  Most people did have some quality HCE of some kind, but there were a lot of differences.

Hope that helps!

April~~

Hey guys,

For everyone who would like to get together the day before our interview on the 29th, I was going to suggest that maybe we pick a place somewhere near Watertown Hotel? That way, we can also see where we will be interviewing, figure out where the parking is, etc... What do you think?

I am not really familiar with Seattle, so perhaps those of us who are local can recommend a restaurant that is nearby?

April- that's ok...don't want to be hungry on interview day! 

The restaurants near Watertown are smaller, casual drop-in places catering towards college students. If everyone is ok with that then we could just meet at the hotel and then walk up to the Ave where the food is. The nicer, larger restaurants are in UVillage, which is a few miles away. I'm ok with either option :)    

Archived