Actual CASPA Verification Wait Times '15-'16

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completed: June 12th

Verified: June 30th

My application was essentially forgotten about by CASPA. After calling a few times they realized the verifier assigned to me was a problem for some reason. Anyway, glad its finally verified. 

Guest Opie1210

I will be applying next year and I'd like to apply as soon as possible. Is it possible to begin filling out the application early so that it is verified early? Or everything can be submitted only when CASPA opens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Submitted: June 21st 

Completed/Awaiting Materials turned green: June 22nd

Verified: July 7th

But there is a minor issue with my baccalaureate GPA/credit hours- They totaled 126 credit hours (should be 120-as stated on official transcripts-transfer credits included) with a .1 lower GPA (Already sent an email, but not sure if it will make a difference due to the fact that my selected programs already have access to the CASPA GPA totals)

Hi everyone, 

I finally submitted my application today (I have been waiting 2 weeks for one last evaluation to be submitted and wanted it done before I submit) but my question is where are you all finding the "awaiting materials or complete or materials received?" The new CASPA is not like the older version where it tells you complete or verified and not sure where to look for that or if it is just on each of the 4 sections being "green" meaning complete??? h.e.l.p. :) 

@shaynamarie26 some programs do not require your application to be verified before stopping your clock to meet the deadline. I'm in the same boat, and I emailed the school and spoke with a CASPA member who told me the same thing. Maybe email the school to put your mind at ease. Good luck!

@opie1210 You do have to wait til CASPA opens but some good prep that you can do now is start gathering all the necessary pieces in one location so they will be ready for you (ie get copies of your transcripts, organize all your various types of patient care hours along with descriptions, start writing your narrative, etc, and even review the supplemental apps from the various schools as sometimes they require additional essays). That way, you can be ready to submit the first steps the very day it opens! :)

Guest Opie1210

@pa_hopeful_in_ga thanks for the tips! That's my plan. I finish school in August so I'm going to use my time off to prepare everything I need for applications. I just want to make sure I understand fully how the application process works so I'm not stressed once they're due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived