Actual CASPA Verification Wait Times '15-'16

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Dr Peppa:  I submitted my application August 23. It took a while for CASPA to receive my transcripts, hence it not being completed until September 3.

Does anyone know if schools look at the date that we actually submit the application as opposed to when it was verified? It is unfortunate that it took an entire month from the date I submitted for it to be verified.

• 2 weeks later...

Completed: Sept 4

Verified: still waiting....

It has officially been 6 weeks since my application was marked complete.  There was an issue 3 weeks ago with one of my transcripts but it was resolved the same day.  I have tried to give CASPA the benefit of the doubt and be patient but this is getting ridiculous.  I call and they give me the generic "you have a verifier...should be verified within a few days", but they have been telling me this for 3 weeks.  I have one school that won't send a supplemental until the app is verified and their deadline is Nov 1.  So frustrating.  I don't know what I did wrong.  Everything was complete as soon as I submitted my application...no outstanding recommendations or anything. 

Anybody else had/having this issue?   

Hello all.

It's later in the cycle and I thought I would share my updates.

I submitted yesterday on 10/22

Still being verified. I will keep you posted.

I completed my application late in the cycle as well.  I submitted my application on 10/20 and it was verified by 10/26.  So it was very quick for me. I liked the old CASPA where they gave you the actual dates that were in line for verification.  Just have to be patient.

Good luck 

Completed: Sept 4

Verified: still waiting....

It has officially been 6 weeks since my application was marked complete.  There was an issue 3 weeks ago with one of my transcripts but it was resolved the same day.  I have tried to give CASPA the benefit of the doubt and be patient but this is getting ridiculous.  I call and they give me the generic "you have a verifier...should be verified within a few days", but they have been telling me this for 3 weeks.  I have one school that won't send a supplemental until the app is verified and their deadline is Nov 1.  So frustrating.  I don't know what I did wrong.  Everything was complete as soon as I submitted my application...no outstanding recommendations or anything. 

Anybody else had/having this issue?   

Did you check the manage your programs/status of programs section of CASPA?  it should state whether anything is missing and/or why your application is being delayed for verification.

Good luck

Did you check the manage your programs/status of programs section of CASPA?  it should state whether anything is missing and/or why your application is being delayed for verification.

Good luck

They ended up verifying my application a day after the 6 week mark.  The one hold up on my application was an issue with a transcript being marked as "issued to student" from one of my schools, which I was made aware of about 3 weeks after my application was marked complete.  I was able to resolve this issue the same day and was not made aware of any other hold ups.  In fact, they assured me it would be verified soon after that being that I had already been assigned a verifier....Essentially, they figured out that my verifier "forgot" about my application but nobody would take my concern seriously until the "6 week" mark was up...ugh  

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if I update my CASPA application transcripts with grades from classes completed since it was originally verified, do I need to resend updated transcripts from my current school to CASPA or would I just have them forwarded to any additional programs I decide to apply to in the next few weeks?  Also once updated does CASPA recalculate my GPA's for new programs I apply to?  I am considering some additional programs which I held off on applying to because I was concerned about daily commuting (and my low GPA on my original CASPA).

Any feedback would be very helpful and appreciated!!! :-)

Archived