2015-2016 Application Cycle -UC Davis

Congrats to everyone who has gotten an interview email. Do any of you mind sharing when you submitted your application and when it actually got verified by CASPA? Thank you. Good luck to everyone!

My application was submitted July 10th, but verified on July 22nd! I hope this helps and they do more interviews!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to all of you! You've made it past the hardest part, so take a deep breath and have some fun with the visit. Hope I get the chance to meet some of you on interview day =] I'm a current 1st year PA student at UCD. I heard they're changing interview day a lot compared to what they had for us last year. Last year, 110 were interviewed for our class size of 40 and supplemental applications were given to those who made it past the interview cuts. They haven't given us many details yet, but my classmates and I would be happy to answer any questions or help you all out in any way we can. We might try planning an informal dinner mixer with applicants and current students the night before each interview date, but more details to come on that. We're still working with admissions to see what their thoughts are. Best of luck to all of you!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us! Even if we can't really discuss the interview it would still be great to get together. I think it'll really help to calm any nerves anyone will be having. I signed up for the 12th, but I am trying to come two days before. I have never been to Sacrament and I thought it would be fun to explore a little; all recommendations are welcome! Good luck everyone, and I hope there are more interviews to follow. :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

There were two emails sent. The first is the Interview invitation/Campus Visit Day with the link to schedule your interview, and the other is a clarification email about Campus Visit Day. Make sure you're looking at the right email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response. So is the "no link" email a way of saying you DIDNT get an interview? Or does this mean I'll get a "link" email in the future? Im confused why they would send me this email if I wasn't invited to interview...

Did your email say this:

"Greetings from UC Davis!

Thank you for your interest in the Nursing Science and Health-Care Leadership Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant programs at the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis. We have completed the initial review of your application, and we are delighted to invite you to the in-person Candidate Visit Day as part of our admissions process.

-------------

To schedule your in-person visit, please click on the link at the bottom of this email, where you will be directed to our scheduling portal. If you have any questions regarding scheduling or are unable to attend the Candidate Visit Day, please contact us via email at BettyIreneMooreSON@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu. Additionally, please note that if you are a licensed Registered Nurse, you will be considered for our Nursing Science and Health-Care Leadership Nurse Practitioner program. "

I would email them for clarification.

Did your email say this: "Greetings from UC Davis! Thank you for your interest in the Nursing Science and Health-Care Leadership Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant programs at the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis. We have completed the initial review of your application, and we are delighted to invite you to the in-person Candidate Visit Day as part of our admissions process. ------------- To schedule your in-person visit, please click on the link at the bottom of this email, where you will be directed to our scheduling portal. If you have any questions regarding scheduling or are unable to attend the Candidate Visit Day, please contact us via email at BettyIreneMooreSON@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu. Additionally, please note that if you are a licensed Registered Nurse, you will be considered for our Nursing Science and Health-Care Leadership Nurse Practitioner program. " I would email them for clarification.

Nope mine says:

Dear Applicant, 

Thank you for your continued interest in the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Programs at the UC Davis Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing. The Candidate Visit Day is an opportunity for you to meet the School of Nursing interdisciplinary faculty and team members and learn more about our program. This is also an opportunity for us to learn more about you and your interests!

The in-person candidate visit day is the next phase of the application process and all applicants who wish to be considered for admission must attend. Applicants who have scheduled their visit day should expect an email next week with further details.

Sincerely,

The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing

It seems very misleading because it doesn't say anything about being rejected or invited... 

Congrats to everyone who got an interview! I am interviewing on the 9th. I am planning to spend some of Saturday hanging around town. Does anyone have some "must see" recommendations?

Also, does anyone have any more information on the interview day? Is the whole day a group interview? Are there any MMI, individual or behavioral interview methods that will be used?

Congrats to everyone who received an interview invite! For those who haven't heard from UCD, I wouldn't give up hope just yet. I received my interview invitation last year a week before my interview in mid-October. Also, there wasn't a seat deposit last year for the program. Hopefully that helps!

Congrats to everyone who received an interview invite! For those who haven't heard from UCD, I wouldn't give up hope just yet. I received my interview invitation last year a week before my interview in mid-October. Also, there wasn't a seat deposit last year for the program. Hopefully that helps!

Thanks for the info! Do they review on a rolling basis? I'm worried they already initially reviewed my application and it's off to the side for good now. When did you apply last year in terms to the deadline?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! I'm a current first year and wanted to say congrats to everyone who got an invite!! Such an exciting time! The interview last year was an MMI format and I'm assuming they will do the same this year. The faculty are all very nice and welcoming, so don't be nervous. We are hoping that the students will be involved this year during the interview day! If you have any questions about the program, feel free to message me on here. Sorry if I'm slow to reply since we're just starting our next quarter, but good luck! :)

Archived