2015-2016 Application Cycle -UC Davis

Hey Ryan, thanks for offering your help. How is life at UC Davis? Were you an in-state or out-of-state student?

No problem! I remember how helpful these forums were last year while I was applying. Life at UC Davis has been great so far! PA school is definitely a huge amount of information thrown at you all at once, so prepare yourself for that, but the faculty are extremely supportive and try to help you get the most from your experience. I'm lucky to have such an awesome cohort that works well together and creates a really comfortable program environment. We all work hard to prepare for exams and celebrate together as a group after. It's been a good balance between school and life. I was an in-state student, but our class is a nice mixture of both. Best of luck to you! Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, does anyone know if UC Davis will send out any supplemental application or do they only look at what you put on CASPA?

Hi mikoBB,

Based on last year's review, it sounds like UC Davis interviews eligible candidates first. Then they send out supplementaries to those who they are still interested in after the interview.

Hope this answers your question and best of luck to you in this application cycle!

Hi mikoBB,

Based on last year's review, it sounds like UC Davis interviews eligible candidates first. Then they send out supplementaries to those who they are still interested in after the interview.

Hope this answers your question and best of luck to you in this application cycle!

Good to know! Thanks Credere! Best of luck to you too! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an interview email too, but I can't tell if it's actually an interview invite.

Kind of confused since I know little about UC Davis' application process.

The subject says Interview Invitation but body say:

"We have completed the initial review of your application, and we are delighted to invite you to the in-person Candidate Visit Day as part of our admissions process."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interview invitation - going for Oct. 9th--anyone?! :D So I'm rather confused.. is the candidate invite day a pre-screening for possible interviews or is it the actual interview? And are we choosing a date FOR the interview OR the candidate invite day? Help! :o

Would anyone mind sharing their stats and when they submitted their application?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Submitted ~ late May.

B.S. Physio/Neuroscience

GPA ~ 3.56, sGPA similar

HCE Volunteering ~ 400 (Medical missions to Mexico, ER volunteer, diabetes clinic volunteer, CCE internship, free medical drug clinic volunteer)

General volunteering outside of HCE with church groups.

HCE Paid ~ 2000-2500 of EMT + MA/Scribe orthopedics

Shadowing hours ~ 80 of PAs, and ~10 hours MD & NP

Letter of rec from MD, PA, NP, EMT boss and Ochem Prof.

So blessed to be interviewing with you all! Funny that the dates happen to be when I will be in California vacationing. My family lives about 40 minutes from Sac/Davis area. My cousin is a Davis alumna, so she's showed me the area many times.

Amazing Korean BBQ spots, vietnamese sandwich shops, dumpling houses.

I am excited!

I am sending everyone in this thread positive energy because I know what it's like to get rejections. I also just felt the joy of an acceptance after the stress of my first interview.

I am thrilled to see what this great program is all about!

So blessed to be interviewing with you all! Funny that the dates happen to be when I will be in California vacationing. My family lives about 40 minutes from Sac/Davis area. My cousin is a Davis alumna, so she's showed me the area many times.

Amazing Korean BBQ spots, vietnamese sandwich shops, dumpling houses.

I am excited!

I am sending everyone in this thread positive energy because I know what it's like to get rejections. I also just felt the joy of an acceptance after the stress of my first interview.

I am thrilled to see what this great program is all about!

I'm in the same boat! Have an interview on October 13 at Touro Nevada and I am staying with friends in California that weekend as a mini vacation. So it works out perfectly for me too! Super excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to all of you! You've made it past the hardest part, so take a deep breath and have some fun with the visit. Hope I get the chance to meet some of you on interview day =] I'm a current 1st year PA student at UCD. I heard they're changing interview day a lot compared to what they had for us last year. Last year, 110 were interviewed for our class size of 40 and supplemental applications were given to those who made it past the interview cuts. They haven't given us many details yet, but my classmates and I would be happy to answer any questions or help you all out in any way we can. We might try planning an informal dinner mixer with applicants and current students the night before each interview date, but more details to come on that. We're still working with admissions to see what their thoughts are. Best of luck to all of you!

Archived