My CASPA was also verified and completed... Now it's just the waiting game. Good luck to everyone!

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for UC Davis to send you an email of confirmation or anything?

@rainy,

I was wondering the same thing... especailly with their application deadline fast approaching.  I had emailed them a few questions about their program and timing and this was part of the response I received: "Interviews are conducted in the fall, the supplemental application is submitted at the end of the year, and final decisions are made within the first few months of the following year."

They are very quick to respond to emails!  Let me know if you find anything out... and good luck (I see we are applying to a couple of the same programs - awesome!)

• Upvote 1

Greetings again Everyone!

I was caspa verified 5/23.

I called the program to see if all my application materials were received and was told that they do not have the capacity to answer questions about individual applicants, which I totally understand.

It's unique how each individual program operates; some send you emails confirming receipt, some actually call you to say hey we are missing your GREs, and others keep you in suspense ))).

Does anyone know how many spots UCD has? I know that PA and NP students share courses and really understand one another's roles. I've heard 15, but I can't even remember where I got that figure.

Anyways, the deadline is fast approaching, and I enjoying learning from all of you!

Hello! I haven't heard anything at all.  Most schools have sent out the "thank you for applying we have received your application"  This program hasn't sent me anything.  Makes me nervous.  This forum is pretty quiet compared to others.  Has anyone else heard anything?

Hi to everyone!! 

I also submitted mine, and no response in any way. My guess is they wait until after the 15th of July to begin. I believe they take about 35 applicants. Very competitive. They reduced their numbers to accommodate for the NP students. 

Best of luck to all.

I haven't heard anything either...I have heard from most schools already and have my application with their admissions committee for the yes/no for an interview.  anyone else have an update?

No updates here either. I already have an interview with another program in a few days. UC Davis is on a slower timeline. 

• Upvote 1

Hey Rainy, congrats on your interview and good luck to you, where is your interview? I see were applying to a couple of the same schools!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DocGzotoPAc
      Any one else had an issue? And if so how did you get it done? I currently have resulted to asking my congressman to intervene.
      So before I became a PA I was a combat Medic with the US Army. I maintained a license not through an individual state but through the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. Since becoming a PA-C I need my license to practice in the state of CA. The state of CA requires form PA-7 to be sent from NREMT directly to the state exhibiting a letter of good standing. They have lost my forms on multiple occasions (4 to be exact) they won't ever give me any other information other than "you need to wait 30 days" it has now been 34 days since the 4th form was sent via fed ex with signature confirmation and I was told "whoops what we meant was 30 'business days' call back in a few weeks." This has been 4 months since my very first submission of the PA-7 form. 

Or does anyone have any recommendations? I've contacted the state who says I HAVE to have this form there's no other way. My application in its entirety is complete with the state except for this one piece of paper. My record with the NREMT is completely clean as well, the paper form is just not getting done or mailed out. Thanks guys! 
    • By kpcglobal
      (Thank you EMEDPA)

Any PA looking for a Southern California opportunity, please contact me ASAP at jbotto@globalmso.com

Apex Emergency Medical Group, Inc., a premier Southern California Emergency Medical Group, currently has three long-term contracts in Riverside and San Bernardino County, California. We are offering exceptionally rare, full-time opportunities to Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to staff all of our Emergency Room contracts at Hemet Valley Medical Center, Menifee Valley Medical Center, and Victor Valley Medical Center, to provide Rapid Triage and Acute Care. Two of the hospitals are within minutes from beautiful Temecula Wine Country in sunny Southern California. Temecula has been voted one of five safest cities in the country with affordable housing and excellent schools. Furthermore, new contracts will start up in the near future within minutes from the pristine beaches of Orange County, California,
      Candidates must be licensed/certified as a Nurse Practitioner with a minimum of two years NP in acute setting or two years ER nursing, or a Physician Assistant with a minimum of two years ER or urgent care experience. Excellent hourly compensation will be based on experience. Compensation includes health insurance, 401K, paid malpractice with tail, paid vacation and sick time, Paid time off for continuing medical education (CME), and a generous CME stipend. In addition, Apex will reimburse employees for their California license and DEA renewal fees. Quarterly incentive bonuses will be based on productivity and are presently being developed at some of the Group's busier hospitals. Full-time and Per-Diem positions are available. Candidates must be credentialed to work at all of the Group's current sites. Also, some weekends and evening/night shifts are required.
      Apply to become a member of the Apex team, the "fastest" growing emergency medical group in Southern California, "Providing the Highest Level of Excellence in Emergency Medical Care."
      Required experience:
      Emergency Room or Urgent Care Experience: 2 year  
      Respectfully,

C: 714-614-2805
      O: 951-537-6033
      F: 951-537-6023
      jbotto@globalmso.com
      www.thekpcgroup.com

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More